JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had thought the reason to not use metal cases was because of the wear on your ejector but after watching the below video, it looks like foreign imported ammo is worse for your barrel then anything else.

I've only ever shot steel cased ammo out of an SKS, otherwise I do not reload but collect the brass because I will at some point down the line.

Did they factor in the worth of 10k of brass sold to a reloader?

No, it does not look like they factored in selling the 10,000 rounds of brass to a reloader. They also did not factor other parts that may wear faster because of steel (but they did cover the wear on those items in the report).

Brass-vs.-Steel-Sunday-e1357509017349.png
throat-erosion-table-sunday-e1357505951456.png Reliability-table-Sunday-e1357506241973.png

Can't use steel at the range I use.

Do they let you collect your brass?

If they don't, then it is probably because they collect it themselves.

I would prefer steel for practice ammo. I can then use a magnet to pick it up.

For self-defense ammo I would prefer brass, but very few manufacturers make good self-defense ammo with steel or aluminum cases anyway.

The problem with this "economical" ammo is this: Go ahead and find it retailing somewhere for less than brass-cased ammo. It is the same price or higher than other bulk ammo. I'd rather buy Magtech brass than Winchester steel, especially when the WinSteel costs MORE!

The moment WinSteel is the same or cheaper than Magtech, I'll go for it. Until then, gimme American Eagle or Magtech.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top