JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've steamed a lot of dinged stocks over the years however not sure about this one. I have a marlin 1892 with a couple of dings in it's laminated stock that in a normal wood stock I'm sure I could steam out. I'm hesitant to steam the laminated stock fearing that I may cause the laminations to separate. Has anyone here had experience steaming laminated stocks?

Sorry I can't help. Thankfully we have some great members and someone should be along soon.
Perhaps add "laminated" to the thread title?

Good idea, don't know how to edit title. Mod how do I add "laminated" to title?
Such as "
"Steaming dings in laminated stock"
Thanks

I've steamed a lot of dinged stocks over the years however not sure about this one. I have a marlin 1892 with a couple of dings in it's laminated stock that in a normal wood stock I'm sure I could steam out. I'm hesitant to steam the laminated stock fearing that I may cause the laminations to separate. Has anyone here had experience steaming laminated stocks?
Interesting question. I don't have an answer but from short search on google it sounds like most laminate stocks use rutply stratabond. I wonder if the bigger issue might be will it swell enough to fix the problem being that one of the selling points is resistance to moisture/swelling/warping and by how it's made (pressure treating the veneer and amount of resin I mean).

Some info on stratabond here FYI: Taking a good, hard look at Rutland Plywood Corporation's STRATABOND. - Free Online Library

Some discussion here fwiw: How do they make laminated stocks?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top