JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've steamed a lot of dinged stocks over the years however not sure about this one. I have a marlin 1892 with a couple of dings in it's laminated stock that in a normal wood stock I'm sure I could steam out. I'm hesitant to steam the laminated stock fearing that I may cause the laminations to separate. Has anyone here had experience steaming laminated stocks?

Sorry I can't help. Thankfully we have some great members and someone should be along soon.
Perhaps add "laminated" to the thread title?

Good idea, don't know how to edit title. Mod how do I add "laminated" to title?
Such as "
"Steaming dings in laminated stock"
Thanks

I've steamed a lot of dinged stocks over the years however not sure about this one. I have a marlin 1892 with a couple of dings in it's laminated stock that in a normal wood stock I'm sure I could steam out. I'm hesitant to steam the laminated stock fearing that I may cause the laminations to separate. Has anyone here had experience steaming laminated stocks?
Interesting question. I don't have an answer but from short search on google it sounds like most laminate stocks use rutply stratabond. I wonder if the bigger issue might be will it swell enough to fix the problem being that one of the selling points is resistance to moisture/swelling/warping and by how it's made (pressure treating the veneer and amount of resin I mean).

Some info on stratabond here FYI: Taking a good, hard look at Rutland Plywood Corporation's STRATABOND. - Free Online Library

Some discussion here fwiw: How do they make laminated stocks?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top