JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Stealth "Town Hall:" Ginny Gitcherguns Burdick Announces Town Hall AFTER Event - Victoria Taft

Facebook ‘fans’ of State Senator Ginny Burdick were surprised to learn that the Oregon State legislator held a Town Hall meeting March 27th. Apparently it was an invitation only affair, because the only invitation I could find appeared only less than 24 hours before the event on the facebook page of the actual venue, the Mirabella Retirement Community (see screen cap below).

You may recall that the gun hating Senator cancelled her March 4th Town Hall at Portland State University claiming a ‘scheduling conflict’ but in fact stayed home. Burdick’s ‘scheduling conflict’ consisted of bringing home her take out dinner and then taking in her garbage can as recorded by a citizen journalist.

Having had some fun at Ginny's expense, I'm really not upset in this particular instance. I think the next time Ginny has an open town hall she is deservedly going to be taking some heat, and it may be contentious. I'm not sure this is what you want at a retirement center. I guess I don't see this as an actual town hall. Much as I dislike her usual tactics, I'm going to give her a pass on this one.

Having had some fun at Ginny's expense, I'm really not upset in this particular instance. I think the next time Ginny has an open town hall she is deservedly going to be taking some heat, and it may be contentious. I'm not sure this is what you want at a retirement center. I guess I don't see this as an actual town hall. Much as I dislike her usual tactics, I'm going to give her a pass on this one.

So, you are going to give her a pass for shielding herself with seniors? No pass for you!

So, you are going to give her a pass for shielding herself with seniors? No pass for you!

I'm just saying it probably wouldn't be the best thing to subject seniors in an assisted care facility to the lambasting that Ginny will get at her next open event. I don't give a rip about how Ginny feels.

I'm just saying it probably wouldn't be the best thing to subject seniors in an assisted care facility to the lambasting that Ginny will get at her next open event. I don't give a rip about how Ginny feels.

I understood what you meant. My point is that she did it on purpose to avoid a confrontation.

So she met with adult diaper wearing folks that drool, and involuntarily shake... smooth.

That describes your basic Progressive, so she really didn't need to go to an assisted care facility. I think she is angry and a bit spooked that average peasants are allowed to have, let alone express, dissenting opinions. After her last fiasco, she probably needed something easy to help get her "back on the horse".

I personally think it worked out great to our advantage:
1 - the "Where's Waldo" meme is excellent and should be used in the next election against her. It should also be used rationally in open forums to undermine her motives.
2 - had the opposing voice showed up it would have been used against us by our friends in the main stream media. "Gun extremists intimidate seniors in assisted care facility"

Meme of the day: spooky, nutty Ginny

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top