JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been a loyal customer of Cheaper than dirt (CTD) for some time, most of the time they have treated me fairly well.

A couple of weeks ago I ordered a new mag for my .308. They sent me the wrong one, so I asked for a return authorization number so I could send it back and get the correct one. CTD won't respond to my request so I finally called them and got the necessary authroization. When I sent the item for exhange, I included the SKU number from their website in the package....what I got wasn't a mag but a sholder holster. This time I called and got the necessary authroization to send it back just asking for a full refund...which I got.

Then last week I checked their website and found some mags I needed for another handgun. Their website stated they were in stock, so I ordered 2. They charged my cc the same day. Within a few days I was told they made a mistake and in fact they didn't have any in stock (or were they just trying to stop this order in order to up the price due to recent events). I sent them an email the same day asking when I would get my $100 back....it's now been a week and still no refund, so I sent another email asking for an update.....no response!!!!

Guys stay away from Cheaper than Dirt. Their customer service SUCKS!!! They don't respond to emails or phone calls.

If I don't have my money back by Monday, I'll be contacting my bank.

Needless to say.....CTD has LOST me forever as a customer.

After seeing how they were jacking up their prices back in 2008 I have stayed away from them.
Last year I needed to get some fal magazines and I made the decision to pay a higher price and get it from another dealer.
It also made my decision easier that there were a few people complaining that Dirtbags was being very generous with how they rated the magazine (these are used military surplus).

After their gouging in 2008 I vowed not to buy from them. Then they got the exclusive to the RIA 10mm 1911's and I almost caved. Their behavior this time around makes me glad I didn't.

If you haven't received the merchandise but have been charged on your credit card you can dispute this as merchandise not received. If it was the wrong item and you returned it and have proof of return you can also dispute that as not as described. Should not be hard to get your money back as long as you have a returned receipt from the post office or UPS.

There are so many other online retailers that offer better service and prices why anyone would go to cheaper than dirt is beyond me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top