JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In the "shook up" state I would be in, it might be a little bit before I could gather my senses to make that call though
This. Should the question come up of why you didn't attempt to render aid, the "state of shock" defense seems reasonable. And in many cases, would be. But I'd wait and let my lawyer handle that part.

This. Should the question come up of why you didn't attempt to render aid, the "state of shock" defense seems reasonable. And in many cases, would be. But I'd wait and let my lawyer handle that part.
Yes. Acknowledging the situation, but not making the statement. The only correct answer for a statement is: "I defended against the attacker, I will comply with the investigation and answer any questions only after I have had a chance to speak with my counsel." And then shut up, completely, or repeat that statement exactly until they get it.

Anything you say, Can and Will be used against you in a court of law.

What about just sticking a bandaid on them. Somewhere. Like kinda on their ankle but not really stuck on too well. Can't say I didn't try. It was a stressful situation and I did my best, dangit.

NOPE! Still breathing, still a risk! If I had to act to stop this person, then i'm not going to render aid beyond calling 911 to report it and summon the proper personal to deal with this situation!

I plug some one, there was a very good justified reason to do so, and if they don't die right away, that's entirely their fault, not mine!
If they are only wounded, they could still pose a threat, and i'm not giving them any opportunity to take revenge or to continue to do what got them shot in the first place! The sooner they die, the better as far as i'm concerned!
Well said, people need to remember things like what was said here in case you are ever in a situation like this.

1) "The sooner they die, the better as far as i'm concerned!"
This is a thought that is probably best kept to one's self.
It may be true, but expressing it might not be in your own best interests.

2) "The perp is down and requires medical attention." is about all the aid I'm qualified to give.
I have no training for dealing with a gunshot wound (or several) and would not wish to exacerbate the situation.
Botching 1st aid would give the perp &/or his relatives another rock to throw at you in court.

If you are the aggressor and you are a threat to myself or my family, and force me to defend myself.

Two center mass, and one to the head.

That is my aid to you.

Could not render First Aide. This was all I had in my wallet! I guess they're screwed!

R11d7c5fbebf92daf5c79c7e865f29faa.jpg

Last Edited:
If you are the aggressor and you are a threat to myself or my family, and force me to defend myself.

Two center mass, and one to the head.

That is my aid to you.
Lol just I noticed recently don't know what it means for sure, but everywhere I hear shooting now, I hear the Mozambique Drill. Bang, Bang, ,Bang. Pause; Bang, Bang, ,Bang. Pause; Bang, Bang, ,Bang. Pause; Bang, Bang, ,Bang. Pause;

Guess all the Cool Kids are doing the Mozambique. Lol makes me 😊

Deeper in the article it addresses if you could still be in danger...facts not in evidence in this case (by the way, for those who did not read the person charged with this was also charged with 1st degree murder for brining a knife to a fist fight):

Arguably, other circumstances not present here, such as Anthony continuing to pose a threat after he had been stabbed by defendant, are addressed by other defenses, like the defense of necessity. Similar to "use of force," necessity, also referred to as the "choice of evils" defense, is a justification included in the third chapter of the Code, and provides:​
[c]onduct which would otherwise be an offense is justifiable by reason of necessity to the extent permitted by law and as to which neither the code nor other statutory law defining the offense provides exceptions or defenses dealing with the specific situation involved and a legislative purpose to exclude the justification claimed does not otherwise plainly appear….​

Lol just I noticed recently don't know what it means for sure, but everywhere I hear shooting now, I hear the Mozambique Drill. Bang, Bang, ,Bang. Pause; Bang, Bang, ,Bang. Pause; Bang, Bang, ,Bang. Pause; Bang, Bang, ,Bang. Pause;

Guess all the Cool Kids are doing the Mozambique. Lol makes me 😊
Laugh all you want, but it is a great drill to practice.

I have been practicing the Mozambique well before the cool kids even started doing it.

You know... back in 1984 when Jim Zubiena made it a thing in Miami Vice.

Laugh all you want, but it is a great drill to practice.

I have been practicing the Mozambique well before the cool kids even started doing it.

You know... back in 1984 when Jim Zubiena made it a thing in Miami Vice.

I know it well, it's what I practice the most, that and off hand at 50 yards. Got my son's doing it, even the neighbors and my mechanics lol. Hearing it really does make me happy. Where ever I hear it is usually folks I know getting better. Plus it means the ammo is starting to flow. 👍

Yes. Acknowledging the situation, but not making the statement. The only correct answer for a statement is: "I defended against the attacker, I will comply with the investigation and answer any questions only after I have had a chance to speak with my counsel." And then shut up, completely, or repeat that statement exactly until they get it.

Anything you say, Can and Will be used against you in a court of law.
Don't forget requesting eval for shock and trauma for yourself. :)

Ive stayed on the scene of many accidents. Bad ones and did whatever I could to help until the cops or the ambulance arrived.

The last one was a wreck on Hwy 12 heading up towards White Pass. Guy got creamed on a motorcycle right in front me. I stopped the car , wife yelling at me what the hell am I doing. No time to explain hun.. Dove into the blackberries to find the guy . It was pretty grotesque. Head on at 70 MPH. He went flying into the bushes leg wrapped up around his head . shoulder completely shattered . No blood but lots of broken bones. I was out there an hour until the cops showed up. Tried to keep the still conscience guy from freaking out. Wife never got out of the car. Not her kind of thing.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads