JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was thinking of shooting some Ratz this weekend and wanted to know if they are out yet, I'm concerned about the recent rains and lack of sun.

Any good info out there? Also, has the grass started growing yet?

I haven't been to xmas valley this year but the rabbits have been fairly scarce for several years,maybe their cycle has come around this year.Used to be a bunny under every bush out in the desert years ago.

we went over and had a good time, It rained Saturday night, We killed around 75 saturday and got out to xmas valley sunday around 8:30 and found some nice fields, killed around another 50 and headed for home, Good weekend cant wait to go back!

IMG_20110417_121329.jpg

IMG_20110417_103314.jpg

IMG_20110417_121305_320x239.jpg

Last Edited:
Im new to the whole rat hunting thing and could use some help getting started

any hunting lic. required?

Trespass fee?

Car permits?

Is the season starting?

What would be a starting distance to sight in scope Marlin 60 22 long rifle?

ammo suggestions

Hunter safety class required?

looks like good times...I have no idea how you kept the rats in such good condition...are you sure you didnt use poison to kill those rats lol? j/k ...Did you get permission to setup on those properties or just go for it?

shooter 98...I might take you up on that.

dave...just a standard hunting license, the season is now till the grass is too high to see them. And 50-100yds is probably good for a 22lr. I use my AR15 most the time. varmint grenade ammo makes it really fun. Usually the farmers are glad to have you. Assuming you 'look' the part of a hunter and clean up after yourself.

Where was this at? I haven't been rock chuck hunting in like 15 years...I'm really wanting to go this summer...Let me know if you guys ever go in groups...I wouldn't mind tagging along. As long as I don't have any LE testing going on...

Just got back from Emmett Idaho...rats (whistle pigs as they call them in Idaho) were thick when the sun was out, got aprox 100 or so in 4 hrs...rock chucks outside of Terrabon next month...buddy sez they are out as well....2-10 pounders!!.....I will try to post pics after that trip.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top