JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

The link has the list.

28 out of 50 states allow face to face sales.

Thanks Warbird!

Hmmm.....still lots of choices out there. Places with full services, moderate climates, and decent hunting and fishing.

Exactly why do I live in a State like WA? Maybe we should call it
Why-shington.

Not so... You have and are giving false information.
You can transfer a firearm without a back ground check only to some one related to you... NOT TO A GOOD FRIEND per the law.

ORS 166.435
Firearm transfers by unlicensed persons
(c) The transfer of a firearm to:
(A) A transferor's spouse or domestic partner;
(B) A transferor's parent or stepparent;
(C) A transferor's child or stepchild;
(D) A transferor's sibling;
(E) A transferor's grandparent;
(F) A transferor's grandchild;
(G) A transferor's aunt or uncle;
(H) A transferor's first cousin;
(I) A transferor's niece or nephew; or
(J) The spouse or domestic partner of a person specified in subparagraphs (B) to (I) of this paragraph.
(d) The transfer of a firearm that occurs because of the death of the firearm owner, provided that:
(A) The transfer is conducted or facilitated by a personal representative, as defined in ORS 111.005 (Definitions for probate law), or a trustee of a trust created in a will; and
(B) The transferee is related to the deceased firearm owner in a manner specified in paragraph (c) of this subsection.

Whether you agree with it or not has no bearing. If you advocate transfers contrary to ORS 166.435 you may be liable. Be carful what you advise. This is meant as a friendly caution.

I guess. Whatever was meant is ill advised and should not be advocated on any gun board.
-
Ohhhh Yes .. I will get myself Right, fall In-line and Do the Goose Step .
1574823334950.png

What you personally think and believe is up to you.

When you post your personal view of disregarding the law in a public forum you have the potential to paint other people on the forum and the owners of the forum with the broad brush of your disrespect of the law. Whether others on the forum and the owners agree or disagree with your personal view is not the issue... What then is the issue?

The issue is: The owners of the forum and many hear do not advocate the blatant breaking of the law.
You might want to ask Joe Link if he likes you advocating breaking the law on his forums.

Having respect for the site owner and other people here is not goose stepping. Being a keyboard commando does not make you a though guy.

If you feel a need to verbalize your intent to disobey the law I suggest writing a letter to the OSP, your local Sheriff, local city police, State Legislature and Kate Brown.

So go a head tough guy, it's your move.

When you post your personal view of disregarding the law in a public forum you have the potential to paint other people on the forum and the owners of the forum with the broad brush of your disrespect of the law. Whether others on the forum and the owners agree or disagree with your personal view is not the issue... What then is the issue?

The issue is: The owners of the forum and many hear do not advocate the blatant breaking of the law.
You might want to ask Joe Link if he likes you advocating breaking the law on his forums.

Having respect for the site owner and other people here is not goose stepping. Being a keyboard commando does not make you a though guy.

If you feel a need to verbalize your intent to disobey the law I suggest writing a letter to the OSP, your local Sheriff, local city police, State Legislature and Kate Brown.

-
Hey.. All I am doing is just expressing opinion of what, ' I imagine ' to happen , Every day, in every town, in all 50 States of our United States, with transactions between thousands of it's citizens that own there legally purchased firearms . Also your highly emotional outburst to my casual cast opinions, reminds me of my loving wife when I talk to her about firearms .
-

Sure tough guy. Turn it around like a good shill.

Your quote.
"well I'm going to come right out and say it ..LOL.... All 50 States are, because everyone's always welcome to sell and trade freely between relatives and good friends ."

Sure tough guy. Turn it around like a good shill.

Your quote.
"well I'm going to come right out and say it ..LOL.... All 50 States are, because everyone's always welcome to sell and trade freely between relatives and good friends ."
-
Your really trying your best in harshing my good nature and enjoyment in the Forum . Lets talk Firearms, not converse with petty emotional outburst . It is unbecoming of you, and much like my Ex-wife's verbal techniques to troll an intelligent conversation and bring it down to her level when looking for a fight after her nightly Fix to a bottle of Cabernet . Your Best, Is NOT good enough .

I guess there's a lot of "tough guys" in Coos County...
COOS COUNTY CRUSHES ANTI-GUN LAW - Oregon Firearms Federation

Not so... You have and are giving false information.
You can transfer a firearm without a back ground check only to some one related to you... NOT TO A GOOD FRIEND per the law.

ORS 166.435
Firearm transfers by unlicensed persons
(c) The transfer of a firearm to:
(A) A transferor's spouse or domestic partner;
(B) A transferor's parent or stepparent;
(C) A transferor's child or stepchild;
(D) A transferor's sibling;
(E) A transferor's grandparent;
(F) A transferor's grandchild;
(G) A transferor's aunt or uncle;
(H) A transferor's first cousin;
(I) A transferor's niece or nephew; or
(J) The spouse or domestic partner of a person specified in subparagraphs (B) to (I) of this paragraph.
(d) The transfer of a firearm that occurs because of the death of the firearm owner, provided that:
(A) The transfer is conducted or facilitated by a personal representative, as defined in ORS 111.005 (Definitions for probate law), or a trustee of a trust created in a will; and
(B) The transferee is related to the deceased firearm owner in a manner specified in paragraph (c) of this subsection.

Whether you agree with it or not has no bearing. If you advocate transfers contrary to ORS 166.435 you may be liable. Be carful what you advise. This is meant as a friendly caution.
-
Well I am glad to see you at least kept your one Big book of Regulations and Law to quote from, and out of the book burning Bonfire . You should post back ? , as I was wanting to hear more of your thoughts on compulsory firearms regulation, so I might learn from you, and can mold myself to be a better upstanding citizen .
-

War Bird,

You posted: "You can transfer a firearm without a back ground check only to some one related to you"...per law.

Wrong.

We sell face to face in Texas without encumbrance. You don't have to be related. Where did that idea come from?

It's not against the law across all 50 states, perhaps that's the law where you live, but I'd love to read that law or is it simply your personal view or something you assumed?

Please cut and paste that law so we may be enlightened.

Thanks!

Speaking of following rules: Please remember to be excellent to each other, as that is an expressly stated forum rule. Thank you all in advance.:)

Oh, yeah...IBTL.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top