JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We should focus our frustration in a productive direction, such as writing an email to our elected representatives and telling them that our constitutional rights are not up for vote and that we have a God-given right to self defense against criminals the same way the police do.

So...
If you own firearms...it is a good idea to know the laws regarding them.
It also is a good idea to keep from stating out in public , that you are not going to abide by said laws.

Whether one likes the law or not...it is the law.
If one chooses to break the law...then one also needs to be willing to accept the consequences of doing so.
For the record I do not like , or agree with the law and a BGC for private firearm sales...and I know how I conduct my sales and trades.

And now to the main point of my post..
Remember Rule number One :
Be excellent to each other.
If you disagree with another forum member...attack the position , not the other forum member.

Andy

-
Your really trying your best in harshing my good nature and enjoyment in the Forum . Lets talk Firearms, not converse with petty emotional outburst . It is unbecoming of you, and much like my Ex-wife's verbal techniques to troll an intelligent conversation and bring it down to her level when looking for a fight after her nightly Fix to a bottle of Cabernet . Your Best, Is NOT good enough .

Dude. Not bad. Not bad at all. :cool:

Andy,

Of course, if the law is correctly disseminated.

Personal opinions or convictions though stated as law are another animal altogether.

Right?
The law is the law...
How it is enforced is not up to me...Nor if others abide by it or not...

I will say again...
If one chooses to not abide by a law , then one should be prepared to accept the consequences for disobeying the law...
Also it is a good idea not to go around broadcasting on social media that one intends to not abide by the law.

How one feels or what one thinks about any law is of course open for discussion...as long as said discussion follows the forum rules.
Respectful disagreement....is easy to do.
Andy

Andy,

We're not on the same page.

The law is definitely the law.

We agree.

My point is: Gun sale law is different in different states.

If someone posts their 'opinion' of these laws with a one size fits all in every state, they may very well not be right.

I hope I'm being clear.

The law in my state doesn't reconcile with a previous poster's declaration of what lawful restrictions apply when it comes to face to face gun sales.

Want to sell your personal firearm to a stranger here in Texas without going through hoops?

You can, no background check required, no FFL, etc.

I can sell my firearm to a stranger, face to face. No governmental middle man or law that says otherwise.

Hope, I'm being clear.

@MannyGlocks
Did you happen to see this in my first post here in this thread...?
So...
If you own firearms...it is a good idea to know the laws regarding them.

Of course the firearms laws are different in each state...
My comment which I quoted means that one should know the law regarding them...
In the state in which you reside and it is helpful to know Federal law as well.

If one really needs that to be spelled out...then there ain't much that I can do to help them
Andy

@MannyGlocks

I understand your point...
Firearm laws vary from state to state and what one posts on a law in his state , may well be different that what goes on with a law in a different state.

I never said otherwise in any of my posts...The main points in my posts :

The law is the law...whether one likes it or not.
Going on social media and syaing that one is not going to abide by a law , is not a good idea...

If one breaks the law...then one should accept the consequences for breaking the law...
And to keep rule number one in mind when posting...Be excellent to each other...

Respectful disagreement is possible.

What I don't understand is why you called me out / quoted me in the first place.
Andy

"What I don't understand is why you called me out / quoted me in the first place.
Andy"

No calling out, just trying to understand where it sounded like I was being corrected.

I was going for clarification on my part.

Taken wrong..

We're not on the same page...again.

Please, chalk it up to bad bio-rhythms or bad joo-joo on my part.

In other words, it's me, not you.

Sigh...

"What I don't understand is why you called me out / quoted me in the first place.
Andy"

No calling out, just trying to understand where it sounded like I was being corrected.

I was going for clarification on my part.

Taken wrong..

We're not on the same page...again.

Please, chalk it up to bad bio-rhythms or bad joo-joo on my part.

In other words, it's me, not you.

Sigh...
Easy fix....lets have a beer and talk guns for a spell....:D
Andy

So if the law says "put all -those- people in the chamber".... you just do it, because its the law?

If this is directed to me ...
Then No...I would not .
it makes no sense to equate the law of a BGC for private firearm sales and a law putting people in "the chamber"....
The two ideas and effects of either are vastly different.

For the record here ...I am not in favor of BGC's for private firearm sales.

If you do not like the law , then work to change it , learn to live with it or do not abide by it....
Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top