JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was wondering what the law states for state parks concealed carry. I am going to promontory park and would like to conceal? also what is the open carry law? Is there anywhere other then mamaloose to shoot up there would like to take my family were there is less odds of people if you know anywhere please private message me thanks for any help all.

Promentory Park is NOT a state park. It's a private park owned by Portland General Electric (PGE). Since it is private property, they can set the rules. Parks & Campgrounds: Environmental Stewardship | PGE I just check their rules and guess what:

No firearms or combative instruments are permitted in the park. Possessing, discharging or causing the discharge of any firecrackers, explosives, rockets, fireworks or other substances without prior written permission is prohibited. -from their web page:(

Don't ask, don't tell; sure you'll probably be OK, but you could be subject too:

§ 164.265¹

Criminal trespass while in possession of firearm
(1) A person commits the crime of criminal trespass while in possession of a firearm who, while in possession of a firearm, enters or remains unlawfully in or upon premises.

(2) Criminal trespass while in possession of a firearm is a Class A misdemeanor. [1979 c.603 §2]

Likely won't be this extreme but why risk it. At a minimum you'll be asked to leave.

Shooting up Memaloose; be careful. Part of the road is BLM and they have closed it shooting, or did last I checked. They don't care if somebody tore the sign down - they'll expect you to know so visit both the BLM Salem District's web page and the Mt. Hood USFS page to see where you can and can't shoot.

Be safe and good luck.

The way I read it- no firearms; so not in your car, not on your body, not on their property. Look at it like somebody's house and they say you can come over, but not with a firearm. I think it's dumb too-sorry I'm just the messenger.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top