JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was watching the news tonight on TV that our representatives are looking or reviewing to make CHL holders names available to the general pubic.

SO here we go again.....

Please take a few minutes and send a email to your Senator/s and Representatives explaining how dangerous this action can be to CHL holders in Oregon.:s0123:

Last Edited:
I think what I read is that the legislature is looking at ways to make the CHL list unavailable to the public. This would be a GOOD thing would it not?

I think you must be thinking of this:

HB 2787, sponsored by Representative Jeff Barker (D-28) and Kim Thatcher (R-25) would prohibit a public body from releasing information that identifies the holder of or applicant for a concealed handgun license.

HB 2792, sponsored by Representative Kim Thatcher would recognize and honor a Right-to-Carry license issued by another state when the license holder is traveling in Oregon.

I was confused by the news report myself. The talking heads made it sound like there was a bill to make the information public, but the actual bill is to make it private. The following story on that station amused me since it was about someone defending themselves (don't recall all the details). And, KATU has a poll on their web site: <broken link removed>

elsie

One of the "reasons" given was so that school districts could see who would be packing illegally on school property!! What a crock, just because you have a license doesn't mean you'll be stupid like that!!

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class