JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Joe said...
.... These clean-ups are just the beginning of a larger push into firearm-related volunteerism. Perhaps the most exciting is an agreement we're finalizing with the United States Forest Service. Under the pilot program, NWFA volunteers would staff a booth at a popular outdoor shooting pit, answering questions, distributing information, loaning re-usable targets, and more....

This is a big project and we will need some dedication from our NWFA family. You'll be hearing a lot more about this in the near future. A new way to spread the word about NWFA's, ethics in outdoor target shooting and shedding a positive light on firearms owners.

Watch for the announcement of this program. Coming soon, to a Firearms Forum near you!

Bill

Thanks again to those who have donated so far.

I would suggest to get your moderators all on the same page and have them explain why when a thread is closed.

Absolutely, that is what I'm referring to here:

Lastly, I believe we finally have a software solution to notify members when a moderator edits or deletes a thread or post. I'm being completely honest when I say I'm dedicated to making the moderation here as transparent as possible.

I think the changes are good.
I'm especially excited about:
Another issue we'll be addressing is the way the site displays on mobile devices.

There are numerous glitches that I have experienced when posting with my GS4 that quite frankly have made it so I actually wait till I get home to post.

Lastly, to address the volunteer work. There is a couple candidates for sites that could use some "volunteer work." If one wanted to solicit a site to be chosen to a location for a volunteer day where would one make that known?

Eagle

Edit: Nvm I found the volunteer section.

Hi Joe, just got an email from Sniper's Hide that they joined the "Scout Network". Is this the type of selling out you're talking about when you get phone calls to monetize? I guess I'm naive to the fact that forums are being bought. Imagine if Jordan was offered big dough for R3V in the early days, it would be ScoutUnlimited now.

************Excerpts************
I am extremely excited to announce that Sniper's Hide has joined Scout Media, the leading sports and men's lifestyle destination.

The move will be big as we are inserted into the Scout Network, which includes over 300 sites – plus TV series and print magazines – dedicated to outdoors, sports, fantasy, military and more. Scout recently launched an online store featuring awesome gear at great prices for members, like you. The plans is open Sniper's Hide up even bigger.

More About Scout
Scout is a multi-channel, men-focused media network owned by Pilot Group, Bob Pittman's investment fund. Scout's proprietary content is produced by over 1,000 contributing experts and distributed over 300+ unique Web destinations, 40 print publications and three broadcast television shows.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Scout is one of the companies which has contacted us before. The offers are usually in the low six figure range, so yes, big money!

Though it'd be nice to one day earn a salary from NWFA which I could live on, I didn't start Northwest Firearms for money, and I didn't think twice about declining the offers.

little bit headed your way... Paypal

Keep up the good work. Yes I now it takes lots of time and $$$ to keep good site going... Please do not let NWFirearms turn into AR15.com. that site is sooooo busy, there are other sites I don't frequent so much anymore because the ads took over. I love simplicity, I hope other members step up and support.

Nearly every single member on this site is helpful, polite, nice, intelligent, open-minded, etc. and I really want to donate and actually had a check ready, but feel that an important issue has been ignored as my requests for information regarding the issue. This is the reason why I decided not to despite how much I like the site. I sincerely hope this will change soon and resolved so I can donate! Kudos to nearly every member who has helped others on this site and/just been a polite, good person.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top