JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello everyone,

I am working on updating my emergency kit, the things to pack when the big EQ hits and chaos ensues. In addition to food, water, medical supplies, and plenty of other survival tools, my plan is to take a 9mm sidearm for SD and a .22 rifle (take down) to hunt for food if need be. (the caliber choice is mostly based on weight and the ability to take along a few hundred rounds)

Now, during Katrina, New Orleans was put under Martial Law, and guns were confiscated.

Does anyone know what the laws are during an declared state of emergency in WA and OR?

Thanks

:D what are you going to hunt with your 22lr? In an emergency when the population hits the sticks there won't be much game within reach of a 22lr in my opinion.:D:eek:

:D what are you going to hunt with your 22lr? In an emergency when the population hits the sticks there won't be much game within reach of a 22lr in my opinion.:D:eek:
Rabbits, and deer (.22 kills deer, but the warden won't hear, so that's why it's illegal dear) - 100-200 yds will do.

Just thinking out loud:D Around Seattle I suspect you could feed yourself with birds easier than small game. Nice 12 and a belt of different shot would handle a lot of different game. It all goes to crap it won't matter what the warden thinks...:D

I love me some 10-22, but you are probably better off with a few rat traps for the needs you are thinking about.

Regardless of law, where are you going to go and who is there? If you are on foot in a rural area poaching is a bad idea. Think this through, you shoot a deer in some rural area outside of Seattle, prime refuge area, then what?

If EQ is your concern I would focus on where you are going and getting there as quickly as possible with many alternative routes/means of getting there. Defend yourself, help others when you can, travel, eat, sleep, travel.

I love me some 10-22, but you are probably better off with a few rat traps for the needs you are thinking about.

Regardless of law, where are you going to go and who is there? If you are on foot in a rural area poaching is a bad idea. Think this through, you shoot a deer in some rural area outside of Seattle, prime refuge area, then what?

If EQ is your concern I would focus on where you are going and getting there as quickly as possible with many alternative routes/means of getting there. Defend yourself, help others when you can, travel, eat, sleep, travel.
I have food and water for the family for about 72 hours. If we get cut off, which could easily happen in Seattle, travel might become difficult. A 10-22 just gives me one more option, and the particular situation will dictate what happens.

I have food and water for the family for about 72 hours. If we get cut off, which could easily happen in Seattle, travel might become difficult. A 10-22 just gives me one more option, and the particular situation will dictate what happens.
Have you read 299 Days yet?
It takes place in Olympia, 10 books, get them through the Public Library or download the audiobooks. Though a bit dramatized much of the story, which was published 3.5 years ago, has already happened. It is a good basis for conversation with those who have already read it.

Last Edited:
Have you read 299 Days yet?
It takes place in Olympia, 10 books, get them through the Public Library or download the audiobooks. Though a bit dramatized much of the story, which was published 3.5 years ago, has already happened. It is a good basis for conversation with those who have already read it.
that fits your moniker ;-)

photo_Synthetic_22hornet.jpg
Comes apart easily, is very non threatening to the gubmint, available in pretty much every caliber you can think of, interchangeable barrels, inexpensive.
http://www.hr1871.com/Firearms/Rifles/handiRifle.asp

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top