JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not so sad, give them a taste of what the peons have to live with. Not that I believe it is real...

They are all looking at it from a financial perspective. Some nut job employee goes postal and the employer gets sued for allowing weapons in the workplace. They must prohibit them to protect themselves from the lawsuits that would be filed

I doubt anyone can sue the state and make it pay. Maybe I'm missing something. Also it occurs to me that this is going nowhere unless the government unions (which are not known as being pushovers) sign off on this. Very doubtful...

Their policy is no different from most major corporations. They are all looking at it from a financial perspective. Some nut job employee goes postal and the employer gets sued for allowing weapons in the workplace. They must prohibit them to protect themselves from the lawsuits that would be filed if they did not prohibit them. We live in a sue em and get me some money society. The employer has to cover their backside or be sued into bankruptcy.

does anyone know of this ever happening? The company being sued?

This is the most often cited reason why companies would prohibit guns in the workplace but Im skeptical. Who says a company "allows" guns by simply not stating a policy at all? Can they really be sued for not having a gun policy at all?

does anyone know of this ever happening? The company being sued?

This is the most often cited reason why companies would prohibit guns in the workplace but Im skeptical. Who says a company "allows" guns by simply not stating a policy at all? Can they really be sued for not having a gun policy at all?

I reckon it is kind of like a person putting up a No Trespassing sign. He may not need to, but if someone does trespass and something goes wonky at least he has the sign thing going for him. Dunno.

Insurance companies are a major promoter of "gun-free" places, in the belief that they are reducing the chance of having to pay claims for injury/death due to workplace violence. If a law were passed, making the entity in control liable for any injury/death of someone denied use of self-defense weapons on the property in question, the insurance companies would be equally diligent in forcing their policyholders to remove such restrictions. ;)

This would not work for liberal governments, since the cost of such payouts would just be passed on to the taxpayers, after spending major sums stonewalling against legitimate claims. :rolleyes::(

I was involved in a local school district on a committee level some years ago, and had to testify before the Board a couple times each year. Of course the District had the usual no weapons allowed signs, but my research and asking the school SRO made my concealed carry perfectly legal.

Never had any problems, the SRO was at most meetings, and we made sure we were on opposite sides of the room with no cross fire chances. I had worked with him outside professional channels and we shot together a few times and he was a good guy and a veteran. Only a few people knew and when they might ask me about it, I told them to look up this video. This guy deserved to be put down and not terrorize other people anymore.

May as well put up "shoot everybody in here" signs for the criminals. Good for those choosing to uphold their 2A rights, may they never have to protect their peers, but if they do..so be it, nobody is getting fired.

that was a sobering video. Problem is you could pass that on to the antis and they would demand more gun free zones as the solution.

and read this...."The active shooter preparedness worksheet".....
http://www.oregon.gov/das/Risk/Documents/RWActvShtr.pdf

1. Run 2. Hide 3. Fight Have an escape route and plan in mind Hide in an area out of the active shooter's view Fight as a last resort and only when your life is in imminent danger Leave your belongings behind Block entry to your hiding place and lock the doors Attempt to incapacitate the active shooter Keep your hands visible Silence your cell phone (including vibrate mode) and remain quiet Act with physical aggression and throw items at the active shooter

Except lead, of course! Ooh, they forgot "Yell obscenities, and threaten to tell their mothers"?

Who comes up with this tripe? I want a name, really!

They want everyone to fight back with the power of love!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top