JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One trick I use on the RCBS swager is a little dab of lube on the piece that is inserted into the primer pocket. It prevents it from hanging up and requiring excessive force to get it to "let go" of the case. Since I try to swage the primer pockets prior to wet tumbling, any traces of lube are removed by the dawn dish soap and water, so no need to worry about lube contaminating the new primer.
I'll keep that in mind. The Dillon swager didn't stick in the pockets enough to even think about lubing. The swager piece was pretty shiney. I think that one has seen a LOT of primer pockets!

I'll keep that in mind. The Dillon swager didn't stick in the pockets enough to even think about lubing. The swager piece was pretty shiney. I think that one has seen a LOT of primer pockets!
I have used a Dillon swager for many years. Mostly 30/06 LC and some 556. I never had sticking problems or
had to lubricate it. Properly adjusted it works great.

Rem 6 1/2's

I did experience several pierced primers. Loads were Mk 311 frangible 50 grain projos using WC-844.

I have had some Rem 6 1/2 loads come out just fine (no pierced primers) but all were on the minimum/low charge side of load data.

View attachment 895553
You shouldn't use those primers with .223

Too much pressure for them. You can also ruin your bolt face quickly if you're piercing primers.

I had a brick of them from the Sandy Hook panic era, down to the last 200 of them. The very tip of the firing pin has erosion on it from the pierced primers :s0108: my fault entirely haha.

You shouldn't use those primers with .223

Too much pressure for them. You can also ruin your bolt face quickly if you're piercing primers.

If you want accurate plinking loads, then avoid the 62gr fmj's with the steel penetrator, those are probably the least accurate .224 boolit. I did just get a couple hundred hornady 62gr fmj's so l need to load those up and see how they shoot, the green tip stuff is usually not much better than 2moa( l'll be burning H335) and fun for a cheap high volume case trimmer, l recommend the worlds finest trimmer.
There are some manufacturers that are better than others, that's for sure.
178EAE0C-BA0D-4D03-9E0D-A81D661C129F.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top