JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had a deal with a guy about a Kimber and we had a agreed upon price. I showed up to deliver and he was $300 light and tried to make the difference with some South African crap ammo. Talk about BS.

Scott

I have had a few flakes from this board, but that is the way it goes. I figured that if I left negative feedback for them, the same would be coming my way. Just like ebay, people are vindictive and will leave negative feedback just because they are upset they received it.

I think that if a sticky was made at the top of the classified section stating "Flakes will receive negative feedback regardless of transaction" then at least they were warned. I haven't had any negative experiences so far.

Living near Medford, I have made a bunch of trips to do deals. Last week I drove to Hillsboro. Three times I've gone to Salem. Twice I've gone to Sweet Home to buy from Jack. Another time I drove to PDX. Just glance at my feedback to see who I've bought from. These are 8 - 10 hour round trips with lots of gas going into my pickup.

Dang it, If I drive that far to do a deal, the other guy had best show up and make good on his promise or I'm out a bunch of time and money.

So far so good - everyone has come through like a champ, but if someone stands me up or stiffs me, I'm out a bunch of time and money.

Right now I'd like to buy a gun from a newer guy here who's about 8 hours away one-way, diagonally across the state. He has no feedback and that's all that's stopping me, and it will keep me stopped.

I don't know if I'd leave negative. I don't want negative in retaliation. If I can prove that I posted "I'll take it," and can prove I made the trip via dated gas receipts, and since all of my feedback is positive so far, I think the Admin/mods should delete my negative if it's retaliatory.

If I thought I had a chance of that, I'd post the negative.

$.02

Maybe it's me- but deal. I've had people welch, it sucks, grow up and move on. Instead of running to encourage everyone to be a douche, how about some positive. This board is slowly turning into another arfcom with all the classified drama BS. GET OVER IT! Most flakes you can tell pretty quickly, and sometimes things happen and situations change.

After buying/selling stuff for many years, what I can say is that there's alot of inconvenience that goes into a FTF deal. Heck....I have to plan my schedule out, possibly drive some distance to accommodate the buyer/seller, and make arrangements in my life to make it happen. I've lost sales because I've let other potential buyers know that it's SPF and they in turn, have moved on.

I'm not a brick and mortar store where you can just stop by before closing so it irks me that people either don't show up, back out at the last minute, or come up w/ some lame excuse at the point of sale. It's rude, inconsiderate, and just downright messed up. I just shake it off and move on.

After meeting a guy FTF, he said he didn't have enough money, but figured I'd work with him. All this after he said he'd take it at the price negotiated.

If posting feedback to save a potential buyer/seller the unnecessary hassle, then I'm all for it. If this is an option to warn others, then we can each do our own part to protect other legitimate buyers/sellers. Normally, I like to speak with the person to gain a better sense of where they're at and decide from there. I sure as heck don't want this to turn into a Craigslist....getting spam, flakes, no-shows, weirdos, etc.

i have found that--a last couple of phone calls help,and making sure the buyer knows exactly what is expected--i'm not going to meet with somebody that wants to start haggling a set price in a parking lot-unless their is more wrong with the item then expected--or in a tradeout --one of the parties is not happy--posting ads with false info. will get you JACK POOPOO everytime.also i find that the poster needs to have the item in his or her possession at the time of posting--i hate it when i get ready to make a deal,and someone has to make 6 phone calls,just to find out,the item sold a week ago--nuff said-

steven

I haven't sold much here and all of my sales here went smoothly. However on the other forums I know people do flake so I hold "dibs" for 24hours unless a non-refundable deposit is made within the 24hours (via paypal) and I also let them know that they still have a limited time (no more than 3 weeks) to make the sale and I give them my available dates, times and how far I am willing to travel. I also do not post sold until it is physically sold, I put pending meet up on xx date and time and still take second and third dibs.

I think if people flake last minute then they should be left bad feed back, but if they flake within say 24 hours it sucks but not so bad in my book as long as you didn't travel some place to meet. Lots of people have the urg to say "I'll take it" before they think about their funds it's their fault but I give a bit of slack.

One forum I frequent has a Cheers and Jeers section. You can post a Cheer or a Jeer. Involved parties can tell their story in public and it is on view for everyone to see. Amazingly you may brush off that $20 loss or whatever but when 10 people join in and say that guy did it to me too, the word is out. I think it is a good system. It's usually pretty easy to determine who is being straightforward and who is full of it.

maybe not negative, but I think a neutral feedback would be appropriate.

Its not 'whining' when a flaky seller/buyer costs you time/money IMO. There's a reason the feedback option even exists.

USE the system. If there is retaliatory feedback one of our moderators should be able to sort it out.

I keep every item of correspondence until any transaction is complete and all parties are satisfied. That way one could prove thier case if nessasary.

I had had a few customers back out but I cannot see giving them a negative. I guess it depends on the situation for me. Easy to understand all of the posts and it should be up to the parties involved. I would not want to make it mandatory to leave feedback. Feedback is all we have on this forum and it would take to many on the bad side to ruin you. So far the great transactions far out number the few bad ones. :)

I have been in quite a few transactions. I havent had any problems yet.

Should I encounter any problems, I will leave negative feedback.
If I get negative feedback as retaliation, I would hope to have the chance to appeal to the mods. They would be able to see all posts and PMs relating to the deal... if someone flaked, it will be obvious who held up their end of the deal and who did not.

I will admit that I have posted more in the classifieds than anywhere else. I see a lot of BS go on in there. But it is by far one of the better classifieds sections on the net.

If you have been stood up or ripped off, its your duty to your fellow members to leave appropriate feedback. We can all spot retaliatory feedback when we see it.

As a Power Seller on eBay with over 1,000 transactions and a 100% feedback rating, I see several issues on this forum since I have had only three bad transactions on eBay over ten years - and two issues on a couple of transactions here.

If you are a seller, you need to post pictures of what you are selling or risk someone being disappointed when they arrive. Also, be honest. If you are not the original owner of the gun and have no idea how many times it has been fired, be upfront and say "I don't know how many times it has been fired". Either you reasonable know the number (actual knowledge) or you have no idea.

Also, there have been several times where I have wanted to purchase something and call to head out to get it and when I finally talk to the seller, the story on the gun has changed. On several occasions, I purchased guns that were way better than what the seller advertised, and left great feedback. However, I once was going to drive to Hillsboro and when I called the seller he stated that the shotgun would not fire – but no where disclosed in the ad.

So for buyers, be sure to leave the appropriate feedback when someone lists their item when it is materially different than the ad, no pictures of the item is a reason to be cautious too.

The key to being a successful seller on the internet, under promise – but over deliver and be honest.

I dont know if i like the idea of required. each situation is different. I have been lucky in my dealings and never had a bad experience. But it is bound to happen. When it does, most likely i will leave a neutral feedback with what happened. To me a negative is getting something other then what was agreed.

Ever thought about making a "Good Guy/Bad Guy" forum? Instead of making all these forums for each and every gun shop that comes in here (minus, of course, your sponsors) how about a forum that members could post sellers and retailers?

Something like this forum...

I got hosed twice this week. One really P.O.ed me. I went out of my way for a guy who swore up and down he would take it and I waited 4 hours among other things and still never came I drove 80 miles round trip and a wasted day. I am leaving negative feedbacks from now on. I hate getting hosed and wasting time muchless a day.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top