JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We all need to start making sure to leave negative feedback for people that go around making deals and then backing out. Over the last three days I have had four different board members make a deal for a gun then back out at the last moment. Usually after I have already told other people a gun is sold.

Then when I mentioned it to a couple other board members I heard "they did the same thing to me" about two of the offenders. They had no negative feedback in their profile.

We all need to start leaving negative feedback for these guys to keep this from happening. It really is troublesome for the seller to have to relist their items.

If you cannot afford a gun, do not offer to buy the gun. If your wife does not allow you to make your own decisions then do not make an offer without her permission. I am tired of hearing "my wife says I cannot get it now." That is not a get out of jail free card.

I agree, If you aren't seriously interested, and don't have the cash in hand, then you should save your offers. Don't bother posting if you aren't ready to jump in your car, and go do the deal.

Perhaps folks need some more creative responses to welch out on a handshake deal. :s0114:

1. The dog ate my checkbook.
2. I had to use the cash to bail out my wife.
3. I had to buy milk for the baby.
4. I still have checks left in my checkbook but somehow i'm overdrawn?
5. I have better things to do than live up to my obligations and agreements
6. It's your fault for tempting me with such a great deal!
7. It was for my wife but she no longer lives here.
8. If I pay you I won't have any money for my other bills.
9. You can't get blood from a stone!
10. I thought I could afford it but he only asset I can liquidate is my car which I need to go to work.
11. My sick grandmother needs a cornea transplant. I gave her the money so she can read her Bible.
12. I'm sorry, I suffer from a compulsive disorder and can't control myself.
13. My Parole Officer said I couldn't have it.
14. I thought it would be groovey to own a gun but I decided to buy some more grass instead.
15. My Psychiatrist said I couldn't have it.
16. I'm being deported and can't take it with me.
17. The voices in my head say they don't want it anymore.
18. I decided guns are way too scary.
19. I got a better deal from the Gunbroker.
20. My mother said no.
21. ...............................

Yeah, you may get negative feedback in return, but anyone reading the "fake" negatives can tell the difference. If I see negative feedback, I go check out the rating of the person who left it. If it is someone with a poor rating from several sources, I would ignore their opinion.

Most people will do these sorts of things. Negative feed back is not the end of your NWFA experience. However, if you start a pattern of flaking out and getting negative feedback, people will notice.

BUT PbP is right. The system does NOT work if nobody ever posts negatively.

I think with Ebay a lot of people would rather leave no feedback then take the chance of retaliation. If people do as PP suggests it will be easy to tell who's here just for the classifieds.

A few weeks ago I introduced my best friend to this board as he wanted to sell a bunch of ammo he has in abundance. He posted on someone's feedback that the person is a flake or something to that affect because the guy said he wanted it and my friend had already told others it had been sold. The other guy then returned a bad feedback just because he was mad that someone told the truth. I would like to find a way to deal with that but leaving feedback should be mandatory. On one forum I belong to you can challenge it and the mods will adjust your feedback accordingly.

I've personally had several transactions and every one went as it should. So I know the large majority of us are competent. The other guy in my friends transaction spends a lot of time here and I'm sure he's well known however if that is typical of him I don't know. I'm glad you brought this up because I believe some people have been afraid to leave a bad feedback in fear of retaliation.

I believe in the feedback system and I hope everyone uses it, especially for bad experiences!

NWFA isn't a giant faceless monster like eBay so if people are giving undeserved retaliatory feedback I would personally like to see some action taken in these cases, just my personal opinion.

The feedback system should not be abused. Recently enquired about some ammunition for sale on here. I never agreed to buy it but I really wanted it. After looking at the state of my finances and with Christmas right around the corner I found that there was no way to afford it. I felt bad because I felt I got the seller excited about a potential purchase, however I never told him out right that I would purchase it so I don't feel I deserve negative feedback for asking for details on the item. It was my intention to purchase it if the price was right (which it was) of course but I never comitted to the purchase because I had to review my finances first. Upon review of my finances it was clear to me that I could not swing it and added it to my Christmas wish list instead. The seller was very understanding but I still felt bad about potentially stringing him along.

I haven't had any problems. I think it depends on the circumstances, sometimes things really do happen and I will be understanding with that. I had one firearm I was selling and had a tentative offer that was followed up by someone who was willing to come out that day and buy it. It was a case where I had to take cash in hand but that deal still bugs me, on my part.

Over all this is a really good forum and the people have been easy to deal with.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top