JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The "problem" I see with setting up whole separate sections for stuff like this is that it will tend to divide(?) folks into separate fiefdoms based on geography rather than bringing us all together as "northwesterners".

Some of us might WANT to attend functions in faraway places and having to look in several different "areas" just to find something of interest might be counter-intuitive.

If for example, you want to have a get together on a particular day, then post a thread with the specific details in the "Events and Get Togethers" section that already exists for ALL to see and then people can decide if it's too far or not. Burying it in a sub-section of a particular geographic section just seems... I don't know... "cliquey" to me. :s0092:

Just a thought...

Oh, and the specific "areas" in WA would need some "tuning" by us WA folks so you "southerners" don't mess it up. :p

sounds like a good idea to me. if anybody wants to put an event together, find shooting buddys, find out about local deals on guns/ammo etc. you can go to this hypothetical section and post something. I don't think it would be "cliquey". If enough like minded people in the area of a major city get together we could even start county chapters of NWFA:)

The "problem" I see with setting up whole separate sections for stuff like this is that it will tend to divide(?) folks into separate fiefdoms based on geography rather than bringing us all together as "northwesterners".

Some of us might WANT to attend functions in faraway places and having to look in several different "areas" just to find something of interest might be counter-intuitive.

If for example, you want to have a get together on a particular day, then post a thread with the specific details in the "Events and Get Togethers" section that already exists for ALL to see and then people can decide if it's too far or not. Burying it in a sub-section of a particular geographic section just seems... I don't know... "cliquey" to me. :s0092:

Oh, and the specific "areas" in WA would need some "tuning" by us WA folks so you "southerners" don't mess it up. :p

I do not think it will divide us its Not going to be a place where We post Sales or certian information, its simply there for people in those designated to get a chance to meet a few new people in their area with the same interests/hobby's as them AKA guns and shooting! :D... Plus alot of people on here have jobs and and cant make it to events. If you have an event at lets say 5pm In Portland people here in Albany area wouldn't be able to come cause its almost 2 hours away, but if you have one in your own Location then it would be easier. And by all means this DOES NOT mean people from different locations cannot look at other location threads and come to there little shooting outings.

Alot of times it will be a Saturday and ill decide id like to go shooting later that day or maybe on Sunday So I just go to my location thread and Say Im going shooting this time this day.. who ever wants to go please feel free to join me.

I dont think think it would need to be posted in the Events and Get together Section because it wouldn't really be a HUGE Event, Such as a gun show, open carry event, a dinner etc.

As for the WA area Someone from WA can make their section. As Im sure i would mess it up some how:)

my .02 dont fix what is not broken.But I would say divide the classified by states instead of all jumbled together.Unity over division is better.I dont believe the person who started this web page wanted that it be by city,county or state.
once you do it ,or if it ever happened people will mostly stay in that section because it is close to home .What happens to vendors group buys .

bigger and more means more pages to sift through and could be discouraging to some.And is not always better.

I would say put up a poll after the mods talk it over with the appropiate person. :s0155:

I do not think it will divide us its Not going to be a place where We post Sales or certian information, its simply there for people in those designated to get a chance to meet a few new people in their area with the same interests/hobby's as them AKA guns and shooting! :D... Plus alot of people on here have jobs and and cant make it to events. If you have an event at lets say 5pm In Portland people here in Albany area wouldn't be able to come cause its almost 2 hours away, but if you have one in your own Location then it would be easier. And by all means this DOES NOT mean people from different locations cannot look at other location threads and come to there little shooting outings.

Alot of times it will be a Saturday and ill decide id like to go shooting later that day or maybe on Sunday So I just go to my location thread and Say Im going shooting this time this day.. who ever wants to go please feel free to join me.

I dont think think it would need to be posted in the Events and Get together Section because it wouldn't really be a HUGE Event, Such as a gun show, open carry event, a dinner etc.

As for the WA area Someone from WA can make their section. As Im sure i would mess it up some how:)

I guess what I mean by "divide" is when ALL events are posted in a single section MORE people are likely to see it (whether they are "local" to you or not). Separating them into individual sections would likely lead to many people never seeing them, whether it's a GREAT event or not.

I know I for one won't look in a "Salem" section for a particular event so if someone there has some BIG event with lots of things to do and see that I MIGHT want to go to... I'd miss out because it wasn't as visible.

The only way to NOT miss out on a "local" event at a faraway place would be HAVING to sift through potentially dozens of "local" sections to find that one event that I WANT to go to. I can see that getting old quickly.

And there is no "rule" against posting your idea for a small, "local" event in the current "Events and Get Togethers" section now. Just title the thread with the particular location and I'm sure other "local" folks would see it without having to first go to a specific location's section first.

Sure, FWIW I like the idea and I also like the states divided into 4ths. No I don't think it will divide the people on this forum at all. The way to do it is to create regional forums for each area. Might want to try this first with only states being the division.

I am also pro organizing the Ad's into OR/WA/ID. But I realize this is all work for a staffer so what ever is decided I won't be disapointed one bit.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top