JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are excellent air rifles for around 1500.00 YouTube has vids on them

I like those videos... Very nicely done.

I despise those flying rats (starlings) and solved my LOCAL problem by paying a bounty on fresh starling carcasses.

My kids bring me a few early in the nesting season, and then they get easier to hunt when they have a fresh crop of baby rats in the nest. $5 each warm carcass, $15 for a nesting pair, and $1 apiece for the babies.

If it's early enough in the year, straight into the woodstove.

Basically, putting a bounty on them and arming the teenagers with quality .22's took care of my problem.

I've often shot pellets into a perch about 20' above me, under the overhang on a roof beam where various naughty birds rest in the shade before they return to actively wrecking my home. I've hit more than a few there with 10 pumps on a little Crosman air pistol. They drop like beanbags and I finish them off quickly if they're not already TU.

Here's the caveat:
Looking south, directly into the sun, it's sometimes difficult to see if the shadowy spot is actually occupied or not. Once about 10 years ago, I couldn't tell it was empty but I'd scored with "blind shots" there before. The pellet ricocheted directly back off the angled eave and smacked the lens on my eyeglasses hard enough to knock them crooked.

So be careful kids, you could lose an eye like that! Even playing with the lightweight stuff!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top