JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone used this brass before, what's your experience and how many reloads where you able to get out of this brass before you have to toss them. I noticed this is 3 times less than the cost of federal brass. Any info is greatly appreciated.

I have Starline for my .44 magnum and .45 colt. Most have only been loaded only 4-5 times so far but there hasn't been any problems. Starline is good stuff, I plan to buy it for all my revolvers eventually.

I use it for all my 45 Colt loads, from mild plinkers to super-charged skookum loads with no problems at all. For my plinkers, I'm well beyond 5 reloads with no signs of stress or anything to be concerned about. For hot loads I only reload thrice, then throw them in the plinker bucket. It's great brass, as far as I'm concerned. An internet search will tell you the same. I don't have experience with it in any other caliber.

In today's market, if any brand of brass is available people tend to consider it good. Beggars tend to be less choosy.

That said, I haven't had any problems with Starline brass. Can't say the same for Federal.

Maybe its because no one can get primers or powder?
Yea, you can't reload the brass you already have so why buy more? But then 'new' brass always seems to be plentiful on the racks at Wholesale Spor, oops! soon to be Sportsman's Warehouse (again) in Bend. (When they re-open their doors)

Starline makes some of the best brass out there, as a company they are a pain in the butt to deal with (delays, cancelled orders, backorders etc) but they do make A+ brass that looks good, and lasts a long time. If you're pushing moderate loads in a revolver or .45 ACP, you can expect 10-20 reloads out of them. Smaller higher pressure cartridges wear out faster...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top