Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Starline Brass

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by vertical ascent, Mar 11, 2013.

1. vertical ascent

vertical ascent Vancouver Active Member

Anyone used this brass before, what's your experience and how many reloads where you able to get out of this brass before you have to toss them. I noticed this is 3 times less than the cost of federal brass. Any info is greatly appreciated.

2. xlsbob

xlsbob coos county Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

I have Starline for my .44 magnum and .45 colt. Most have only been loaded only 4-5 times so far but there hasn't been any problems. Starline is good stuff, I plan to buy it for all my revolvers eventually.

3. 2506

2506 Seattle Well-Known Member

I use it for all my 45 Colt loads, from mild plinkers to super-charged skookum loads with no problems at all. For my plinkers, I'm well beyond 5 reloads with no signs of stress or anything to be concerned about. For hot loads I only reload thrice, then throw them in the plinker bucket. It's great brass, as far as I'm concerned. An internet search will tell you the same. I don't have experience with it in any other caliber.

4. deadshot2

deadshot2 NW Quadrant WA State Well-Known Member

In today's market, if any brand of brass is available people tend to consider it good. Beggars tend to be less choosy.

That said, I haven't had any problems with Starline brass. Can't say the same for Federal.

5. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

I"v e used it for years in my 45colt cowboy loads. No idea how many times it's been loaded,but a dozen would not be an exageation.

6. bballer182

bballer182 Molalla Active Member

Starline is top notch

7. vertical ascent

The reason I asked this question is that, it seem the stock of Starline brass at Sportmans Warehouse is not selling, they have tons of them at their Portland location.

8. bballer182

Maybe because their prices are ridiculous and its the last to go because of it... ???

9. FA9

FA9 Hillsburrito, ORgun Well-Known Member

I like it.

10. vertical ascent

If I am not mistaken, Starline Brass (9mm) $10/100 and Federal (9mm) $30/100

11. bballer182

Weird. If it were me I'd go for the starline first over the Federal even if the price was the same for both

12. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Maybe its because no one can get primers or powder?

13. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

mayhbe because the market is FLOODED with used brass cheaper? that is a big 'maybe'but ya never know.

14. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Yea, you can't reload the brass you already have so why buy more? But then 'new' brass always seems to be plentiful on the racks at Wholesale Spor, oops! soon to be Sportsman's Warehouse (again) in Bend. (When they re-open their doors)

15. Papercidal

Papercidal Vancouver ,Wa Active Member

Starline is about the best you can get. I am always amazed that win or fed brass is usually only a few dollars less for 100 than live ammo from the same company

16. Marine Airedale

Marine Airedale Central Oregon Coast Member

I have had excellent results with Starline in .357, 45 Colt and 44 magnum. Like others, even if the price were the same I would buy Starline over other makers brass.

17. AMProducts

AMProducts Maple Valley, WA Jerk, Ammo Manufacturer Silver Supporter

Starline makes some of the best brass out there, as a company they are a pain in the butt to deal with (delays, cancelled orders, backorders etc) but they do make A+ brass that looks good, and lasts a long time. If you're pushing moderate loads in a revolver or .45 ACP, you can expect 10-20 reloads out of them. Smaller higher pressure cartridges wear out faster...