JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Never have, but I hear they're making 6.5 creed more with the input of competition shooters. Looking forward to hearing how it's going to turn out!

After buying some new Winchester .308 brass and having to return it because of faulty, out of round, double punched flash holes, I bought some Starline .308.
Seems to be good quality, I checked them out on the optical comparator here at work, flash holes are pretty round, punched in the center of the primer pocket within a couple of thousandths, checked neck thickness after sizing, and the neck walls are out enough to be a little worrisome with some up to .006" thicker on one side than the other. might have to neck turn them.
All in all I'm happy with them so far. Have some loaded up, but haven't been able to shoot them yet.

After buying some new Winchester .308 brass and having to return it because of faulty, out of round, double punched flash holes, I bought some Starline .308.
Seems to be good quality, I checked them out on the optical comparator here at work, flash holes are pretty round, punched in the center of the primer pocket within a couple of thousandths, checked neck thickness after sizing, and the neck walls are out enough to be a little worrisome with some up to .006" thicker on one side than the other. might have to neck turn them.
All in all I'm happy with them so far. Have some loaded up, but haven't been able to shoot them yet.
Thanks for the feedback!

I don't have anything but my eyes to judge the flash holes and they look centered and of equal size. According to my crappy $15 caliper the wall thickness varied between. 0.013" and 0.016" with 5-6 measurements each on 10 different cases. Case length on the same sample size varied between 2.007 and 2.003. And the weight was between 167.1 and 172.5 grains according to Frankford. The case mouths do look a lil rough though. I agree on turning - Uughh.

Sounds like pretty much what I got from them. Case neck thickness seems to be a little better.
After sizing, I'd trim them to the same length, around 2.005", (pretty sure that is the trim to length...)
I guess if it was a concern, you could also group them by weight. Might be interesting to see if that would make any difference at all...

Sounds like pretty much what I got from them. Case neck thickness seems to be a little better.
After sizing, I'd trim them to the same length, around 2.005", (pretty sure that is the trim to length...)
I guess if it was a concern, you could also group them by weight. Might be interesting to see if that would make any difference at all...
I did that one time and shot a three shot group that measured under 1/8" center to center. I'd say it's plausable.

Woow - I finally got to load these up. But I never turned them even though they looked a little squiggly on the case rim. I just wasn't able to push the trim ram into the case mouth. They were too tight. It felt great when seating the bullets though. I did a mini ladder, 10 ea of 44.5, 45, 45.5 of IMR 4064 w HDY 168 BTHP. Hope to get out on Sunday...
Did I forget to mention the case length was pretty super consistent, 2.005 - 2.0055 on the 25ish i sampled last. Not sure how I measured them last time. But I wasn't able to get the same variance again.
Hmmm - think I might need a new caliper and toss the Frankford out the window. Well, at least a new caliper.

Last Edited:
Woow - I finally got to load these up. But I never turned them even though they looked a little squiggly on the case rim. I just wasn't able to push the trim ram into the case mouth. They were too tight. It felt great when seating the bullets though. I did a mini ladder, 10 ea of 44.5, 45, 45.5 of IMR 4064 w HDY 168 BTHP. Hope to get out on Sunday...
Did I forget to mention the case length was pretty super consistent, 2.005 - 2.0055 on the 25ish i sampled last. Not sure how I measured them last time. But I wasn't able to get the same variance again.
Hmmm - think I might need a new caliper and toss the Frankford out the window. Well, at least a new caliper.
The quality of your tooling can make a HUGE difference.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top