JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Starbucks redux: Money talks and B.S. walks

"Remember six months ago when the anti-gun Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence and Washington CeaseFire were aghast that Seattle coffee giant Starbucks would not become their political surrogate and ban armed customers from their shops?...

"...Now comes the news that Starbucks is reporting big earnings during the third quarter. The coffee giant reported yesterday that earnings had risen to $278.9 million, or 37 cents per share."

<broken link removed>

Or try this:

<broken link removed>

Their coffee prices are going up. Coffee beans as a commodity keep raising. I think their profit margins will decrease, but then again, when the economy is down, people like their feel-good items.

On the gun issue, I'm glad Starbucks supports their local laws and gives the Brady Campaign a big FU.

Now that Starbuck's is making their employee's make only 1 drink at a time the wait time for my coffee is getting out of hand. pro-gun or anti-gun I want my coffee and I want it now!!!! I have a feeling their profits will be seeing a slight dip with this new policy.

I won a $15 gift card for them. I really hate to only get one cup for that much, but that's about what it costs anymore. But, since I've bought less than five cups EVER from them....

And as keystir said, the wait times are probably going out of sight. Now, instead of one store in every mall they'll need two!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top