JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The statement below seems to be more about employee equality?

Politics Northwest | Starbucks supports gay marriage legislation | Seattle Times Newspaper

To: U.S. partners
Date: January 24, 2012
Re: A Message from Kalen Holmes: Starbucks Supports Marriage Equality

Dear partners,

Starbucks is proud to join other leading Northwest employers in support of Washington State legislation recognizing marriage equality for same-sex couples. Starbucks strives to create a company culture that puts our partners first, and our company has a lengthy history of leading and supporting policies that promote equality and inclusion.

This important legislation is aligned with Starbucks business practices and upholds our belief in the equal treatment of partners. It is core to who we are and what we value as a company. We are proud of our Pride Alliance Partner Network group, which is one of the largest Employer Resource Groups for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) employees in the U.S., helping to raise awareness about issues in the communities where we live and work.

For the last 20 years, our benefits program has offered domestic partner benefits in the U.S. These benefits include medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs and alternative health care coverage. All partners (part-time and full-time) in all work locations, whether in a store, a roasting plant or a corporate office, adhere to the same eligibility requirements for health coverage and have access to the same comprehensive health plans.

We are deeply dedicated to embracing diversity and treating one another with respect and dignity, and remain committed to providing an inclusive, supportive and safe work environment for all of our partners.

We look forward to seeing this legislation enacted into law.

Regards,

Kalen Holmes
executive vice president, Partner Resources

The usual people that are against gay marriage are those that have been married for a long time.

The ones,like me,who could care less are those that have seen so many marriages fall apart that the whole thing sounds stupid.I don't see the need to bother,not as many benefit from it anymore.

Besides,isn't marriage a religious ceremony? And isn't homosexuality forbidden in the bible?

So I really don't see how it would matter to gays to get married.

Actually I see marriage as more of a business arrangement than anything else. A business contract that any sensible man would reject. "Honey, we are so in love. How could it get any better? I know, let's get the government in on this. Let's go sign some paperwork" Government loves nothing more than a neutered male. So two neutered males as a two-for-one should make them happy.

Most men get married because they feel the herd/social pressure to do so. I have never seen it as an attractive option at any time in my life. Throughout my life I am constantly learning and changing. To expect another person to follow the same path and remain a compatible 'soulmate' is foolish. To a sedintary person set in their ways forever, maybe that would work.

If Bruce wants to do it, bond with paperwork and signatures, and in a business sense to another person, fine, don't care.

I will be there Open Carrying as I always do. Bet I don't scare any one. Nice to see every one is so supportive of others ways of carry. Like telling others to watch what they say so they don't piss off any one. ??
Dave

I don't see a problem with people open carrying in their stores, when they made a stand saying they were ok with it, on a day when the anti gunners are boycotting them.

Like telling others to watch what they say so they don't piss off any one. ??
Always a good idea.

The older I get, the more I've noticed that the mistakes I made always involved pissing someone off.

It's not all it's cracked up to be. These days, I don't piss anyone off unless I have to, and I usually go out of my way to avoid it first.

I'm far more effective and accomplish far more of my goals if the opposition isn't opposition.

I was going to support them untill they came and stated that they fully support Gay Marriage as a fundamental right.

To me they are all intertwined, I refuse to compromise my core values, IMHO of course.

Probably because they realize that gays have rights too...

i wonder why they felt they needed to do that?probably like most libs they have to show how fake...oops i mean politically correct they are?
why does a coffee shop have to jump on that train? i dont understand...i am glad they support our 2a rights though

Freekin hypocrites, the whole lot of you. Anyone that doesn't support your stance on guns must be a tard. Anyone that doesn't support your stance on homosexuality bust be a tard as well.

Well I have some news for you, maybe YOU are the ones being tards. Let gays be gays and let gun owners be gun owners. Who gives a crap what someone does with their personal life? Many of you on this very same forum will preach about government infringement on our rights and how they should be reserved to the states, yet you have no problem rediculing someone for having a pro stance on something because of your own ideals?

BAH!

I'm against all forms of government regulated marriage, but that's a story for a different thread.

Agreed.

In response to Reggie, another website for pro-2A shirts, etc. that is local to Oregon is at:
Banterwear Political Conservative funny T-shirts even though they are more broadly offering "politically conservative" shirts, mugs and stickers.

Thanks! Ordered 2 shirts and 1 mug.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR