JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I at first wanted to join this open carry in starbucks on valentines day but today at work I was thinking......

Starbucks is high up on my list of favorite companies for standing up for our 2a rights and I cant help but feeling that having their shops filled with a flashmob of people with guns strapped to their hips may not be the best way to thank them.

I see this backfiring on us as well as starbucks.I think giving them our business is good for sure,wearing a shirt or hat with gun stuff on them is good and cool but I feel that the open carry mob might make their problems worse with the public and cause them to capitulate under pressure and ban guns in their stores.

I dont like to give in to the fearfull anti-gunners but I just see this going bad and making things worse.Why not show our true class of gun enthusiasts and just say thank you for not descriminating against our 2a rights without bringing more heat on starbucks?....otherwise in a few months we will be boycotting starbucks for banning guns.

I agree. Thank them the way any for-profit corp wants to be thanked - your $$. I don't even drink coffee anymore and I'll be going. Maybe for one of their $8 dried-out turkey sandwiches in the cold case.

Granted, seeing a bunch of open-carry people would be entertaining. Counter-productive and crapping on a company that supported 2A, but the reactions of the soccer moms should be priceless.

Agreed.
Why risk putting a public company like this at odds with it's customers and potential customers?
I will continue to frequently patronize Starbuck's and I have no need to try to prove a point with a gun displayed while doing so.

i guess my point is just that if i was the owner or ceo of starbucks and i am a gun owner or chl holder then i want to allow my fellow man to exercise his 2a rights....but im a business man too and if i run my customers away by filling my stores with a bunch of cowboys cocked and locked flashing guns around then 1/2 of my customer base will walk out and not come back.

coffee shops have all types of people in them and from a business perspective you have to make them all feel at home in your store.
starbucks is a rare breed these days to stand up for us so i just dont want to do them dirty.

I'll be there with my wife wearing our I Love Guns and Coffee sweatshirts over our concealed carry.

now that speaks volumes without causing a big uproar.
i can just see the local media having a hayday spinning an opencarry issue into a"see we need to ban guns,there carrying loaded guns into coffee shops now!"

I at first wanted to join this open carry in starbucks on valentines day but today at work I was thinking......

Starbucks is high up on my list of favorite companies for standing up for our 2a rights and I cant help but feeling that having their shops filled with a flashmob of people with guns strapped to their hips may not be the best way to thank them.

I see this backfiring on us as well as starbucks.I think giving them our business is good for sure,wearing a shirt or hat with gun stuff on them is good and cool but I feel that the open carry mob might make their problems worse with the public and cause them to capitulate under pressure and ban guns in their stores.

I dont like to give in to the fearfull anti-gunners but I just see this going bad and making things worse.Why not show our true class of gun enthusiasts and just say thank you for not descriminating against our 2a rights without bringing more heat on starbucks?....otherwise in a few months we will be boycotting starbucks for banning guns.

The above was also brought up here: http://www.northwestfirearms.com/legal-political/78830-starbucks-valentines-day-4.html#post547541

*** ALSO: Source for SB Shirts mentioned in this thread.
http://ilovegunsandcoffee.com/

I was going to support them untill they came and stated that they fully support Gay Marriage as a fundamental right.

You can't have everything your way in today's world. Pick your fights. Since Starbucks is a rare breed which supports my gun rights, I'll stop for coffee. They can wear zombie costumes while they serve it for all I care.

Pick your other political battles elsewhere, IMHO.

I was going to support them untill they came and stated that they fully support Gay Marriage as a fundamental right.

i wonder why they felt they needed to do that?probably like most libs they have to show how fake...oops i mean politically correct they are?
why does a coffee shop have to jump on that train? i dont understand...i am glad they support our 2a rights though

i wonder why they felt they needed to do that?probably like most libs they have to show how fake...oops i mean politically correct they are?
why does a coffee shop have to jump on that train? i dont understand...i am glad they support our 2a rights though

Why did they feel they needed to jump on the pro-2A train? I'm just glad they did. It's their store otherwise...

You can't have everything your way in today's world. Pick your fights. Since Starbucks is a rare breed which supports my gun rights, I'll stop for coffee. They can wear zombie costumes while they serve it for all I care.

Pick your other political battles elsewhere, IMHO.

To me they are all intertwined, I refuse to compromise my core values, IMHO of course.

I'm against all forms of government regulated marriage, but that's a story for a different thread.
Exactly!

I don't care who you sleep with and I certainly don't care who you love. In fact, I encourage you to find love wherever you can, and as long as the other mammal is an adult and consents, you have my approval.

And I really prefer that you keep those matters private.

What I won't tolerate is your repression, legal, "moral" (note the quotes) or philosophical, based on who you love.

Like Chris Rock said, "Why should straight people be the only ones to suffer?" I used to be a gay-hater thanks to my former "moral" delusion, so I understand the thinking. It is possible to live and learn, thankfully.

I say Starbucks at Pioneer Square would be the most centrally accessible location. Hope to see a lot of NWFA folks there over the noon hour.

There have been open carry rallies at Starbucks locations before. Yeah, I'm sure they lost a little business that day over it, but the OCers seemed to more than make up for it.

Starbucks is not "gun friendly", they are "gun neutral", they have never made any public statement "in support" of gun rights - always "we follow local laws" and similar wording.

As I said in the other thread, I'll be at the one in Portland at SW 2nd & Main - across the street from Police Central Precinct. There are *ALWAYS* police in their with weapons (obviously) displayed.

And, to got with your statement, Noisycow, now there is *ANOTHER* boycott of Starbucks planned: Christian Pastor Calls For Starbucks Boycott Over Gay Marriage Support

Yup, Starbucks has publicly announced their support for the Washington legislation legalizing same-sex marriage working its way through right now - so a pastor is calling for a boycott over it. Now I have two reasons to support Starbucks! I'll have to make up cards telling them both reasons I'm there. (I have now been to Starbucks more in the past two weeks than in the 2 years combined.)

Still not looking forward to that nasty sandwich or a yogurt parfait that looks a few hours old LOL! They may be the kings of coffee, but damn, their choice of meals really stinks. A 7-11 has better choices for food and they're not $8+.

As far as the misguided pastor looking for attention from his flock of sheep, I could care a less about him. Been there myself, and not proud of it. I am living proof that people can rationalize their way out of delusion if they put their mind and heart to task.

Just thought I would float this out there. Rights are not about what you "want" to do or what you do in private. We are talking about redefining a rather public thing.

Everyone currently has the exact same "rights" in regards to "state" sponsored marriage. Everyone (assuming they are not currently married) can legally marry someone of the opposite sex (I think the Y chromosome would be the determining factor here), who is not currently married, is of legal age, and is not a close relative.

Mark my words. When this happens in enough states. The rights of people who disagree to express themselves will be attacked in whatever way the "STATE" can think of to do so. Think if you are licensed to perform your profession (eg. the Christian counselor that the Alliance Defense Fund is currently defending) or work for a state (like a public school) or federal agency.

Remember the cry of the "tolerant". "The only thing we will not tolerate is intolerance!!" Which by the way is pretty much anyone who disagrees with them. Kinda ironic... But hey, my 2 cents and worth every penny :)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews