JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
new definition? Bull. A phobia is what it is. It's a fear. The root word is phobos...or fear. Nothing new about the definition.

As for educating the "sheep" I start off by calling them People. And the only way you CAN win them over is by talking to them and educating them. But part of that requires that you show them ... not just tell them. Show them that guns aren't to be feared, it's the fear that SOME on this board have of offending others that keeps giving Anti gun people the incentive to keep pushin back our rights.

If they were met with stern resistance and pushback (instead of silence and indifference) as well as pressure to expand gun rights... not just keep them where they are... they might spend more of their time blocking expansion and less on creating new restrictions.

Is it really the right thing to do to hide Our firearms from the public eye?

As one of the CHL people, I wouldn't say that I'm completely throwing the open carry crowd under the bus, because I don't think that this would have been a problem without all of the Starbucks Appreciation Day's. I think that had Starbucks not been thrown into the middle of the argument, I don't think that they would have issued this statement.

As one of the CHL people, I wouldn't say that I'm completely throwing the open carry crowd under the bus, because I don't think that this would have been a problem without all of the Starbucks Appreciation Day's. I think that had Starbucks not been thrown into the middle of the argument, I don't think that they would have issued this statement.

Well maybe just maybe the open carry crowd thought Starbucks was behind them and that is why it was an appreciation day.

new definition? Bull. A phobia is what it is. It's a fear. The root word is phobos...or fear. Nothing new about the definition.

New definition of the fear that people hold. IE, not a phobia, but an irrational fear of guns. Yes, I agree with your education of the people.

Now they see where they have decided to stand. Starbucks wants to ride the fence. They want their customers money plain and simple. That is why there is not an outright ban. They would loose waaaaay to much income.

Last overweight, XD in an open-top, non-retention holster open-carrying douche I had contact with drew the pistol and freaking lasered it right at me as he fumbled with the magazine release in an attempt to let me "check it out," to which I loudly declined and got the bubblegum away from him.

Now they see where they have decided to stand. Starbucks wants to ride the fence. They want their customers money plain and simple. That is why there is not an outright ban. They would loose waaaaay to much income.

Why's it so hard to believe that they just plain don't want to be forced to make political policy decisions??

Its alright, We all have our own opinions. I think though that it just aint right for some of you from the CHL crowd to act like you want the open carry crowd to keep their firearms at home or just get the CHL.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, if you have the CHL permission and carry concealed.

Our opinions are the product of our experiences, and my experience has been that open-carry people tend to be overweight, funny looking, carry cheap commercial grade pistols in open-top, non-retention holsters, which indicates to me and any professional (like the cops that have to respond to them) that they really don't even know crap about defensive tools and tactics to begin with. They're either attention whores, or are SO stubbornly non-conformist or obstinate that they refuse to go through the simple process of registering for a permit, which says a lot about their personality.

And I'm definitely not special. This is a very common view. This is what you have going against you on your own side of the gun control fight, think of what everyone else thinks about you.

It's not working. Pull your shirt over it.

Our opinions are the product of our experiences, and my experience has been that open-carry people tend to be overweight, funny looking, carry cheap commercial grade pistols in open-top, non-retention holsters, which indicates to me and any professional (like the cops that have to respond to them) that they really don't even know crap about defensive tools and tactics to begin with. They're either attention whores, or are SO stubbornly non-conformist or obstinate that they refuse to go through the simple process of registering for a permit, which says a lot about their personality.

And I'm definitely not special. This is a very common view. This is what you have going against you on your own side of the gun control fight, think of what everyone else thinks about you.

It's not working. Pull your shirt over it.

Well then figure me out. I am not a obese weird looking guy who wears weird looking clothes. I took the CHL class for Oregon and Arizona and have the documentation. I can pass the background check and speak politely to a sheriff so I could be OK'ed for the CHL permission. But, I choose not to. I think We The People should not have to and it goes against what I think is the right thing to do. So sir....Am I a nit'wit for open carrying?

Think about it this way, Ginny Burdick didn't think to ban carry by those with a CHL in the capital building until the gun rally. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the rally was bad at all, but I'm saying that it wasn't even on her radar until it was placed in front of her.

Well then figure me out. I am not a obese weird looking guy who wears weird looking clothes. I took the CHL class for Oregon and Arizona and have the documentation. I can pass the background check and speak politely to a sheriff so I could be OK'ed for the CHL permission. But, I choose not to. I think We The People should not have to and it goes against what I think is the right thing to do.

Are you a representative sample? We're talking about peoples perceptions.

So sir....Am I a nit'wit for open carrying?
To deliberately be the center of attention, most of it negative, everywhere you go, you have to have a personality type that's beyond anything I'm capable of understanding. Nit'wit? Possibly... I don't know you.

I rarely open carry. I do not ask to be the center of attention. Yep, these days I do post a lot of negative stuff. What does the 2nd Amendment right in the Bill of Rights have to do with peoples perception? Is a right something that can/should be changed by other peoples opinions or perception?

Perception is everything. Right now the perception of those who are for gun control think 2A supporters are a bunch of crazy gun nuts. How did that happen? The crazy gun nuts went crazy. Including misunderstanding Starbucks' neutral position on guns and creating a huge spectacle out of it. Therefore further planting in the antis' minds that we're all nuts. I see people posting things all the time (on social media sites) that do no good, such as pictures of guns captioned "you'll get my gun from my cold dead hands", etc. What does that tell someone? That they'd rather die than give up a gun. It doesn't seem logical that you value your gun more than your life. I know it's not to be taken literally (I would hope) but it certainly doesn't seem sane or rational to someone who doesn't understand guns and the 2A.

There has to be a way to change that perception without shoving actual guns in their face. A good start would be to not hold rallies where they were never welcomed. Or maybe not use a company's logo to endorse your position, ESPECIALLY when they made it clear they were remaining neutral.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top