JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Last year when Peets Coffee in California banned carry in their shops Starbucks let it be known that they follow state law in whatever state the store is located. Corporate policy is to allow carry both concealed and open.

Last year when Peets Coffee in California banned carry in their shops Starbucks let it be known that they follow state law in whatever state the store is located. Corporate policy is to allow carry both concealed and open.

Seems crazy town, but totally true.

I love guns and coffee.

I'm going to drink starbucks on that day until my tastebuds die.

It is no so much that they support it, just that they do not oppose it. The stance they took was basically no stance, just follow the local law. A lot of people took this for support for the 2nd amendment and either boycotted or supported them for it.

It is no so much that they support it, just that they do not oppose it. The stance they took was basically no stance, just follow the local law. A lot of people took this for support for the 2nd amendment and either boycotted or supported them for it.

I believe "Following State Law" is what we want business's to do in regards to carry. That's why they have MY support.

News to me.. Starbucks (the evil coffee empire) supports the 2nd amendment.. how exactly?

The anti-gun nuts noticed that Starbucks allowed open and concealed carry in their stores, they organized a boycott to try and force Starbucks to adopt a killing zone "gun free stores" policy. Starbucks refused to knuckle under.

I believe "Following State Law" is what we want business's to do in regards to carry. That's why they have MY support.

I totally agree, and they have my support as well. But there is a difference between following state law and supporting the 2nd amendment. If tomorrow they banned open carry in a state, Starbucks would not be up in arms demanding things, they would just keep serving coffee. Nothing wrong with that, but it would be a different reaction than a company that supports the 2nd amendment. That's all. Not wrong, just different.

I've always heard quite the opposite, this is news to me.

this. I though they were anti-guns.

I guess not. :p

Guns-and-coffee-starbucks-logo-happy.jpg

I totally agree, and they have my support as well. But there is a difference between following state law and supporting the 2nd amendment. If tomorrow they banned open carry in a state, Starbucks would not be up in arms demanding things, they would just keep serving coffee. Nothing wrong with that, but it would be a different reaction than a company that supports the 2nd amendment. That's all. Not wrong, just different.

But they didn't cave in to the demands for a "free killing zone" by the anti-gun nuts either. Guess you could read that as a "neutral position". Personally I think not caving in is a win for us though.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top