JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I picked this up the other day from another forum member (Thanks Graydog)

Have been looking for some time for a good 9MM for my son to shooting.

Really liked the idea of a 1911 in 9MM but the cost of a colt or Springfield in 9MM was over my budget.

Then I discovered Star pistols. Did some research online and with the exception of them not liking hollow point ammunition every thing was positive and I decided to purchase.

The pistol appears to be in excellent condition considering it was made in 1972.

I have not had a chance to take it to the range yet it is headed to a gunsmith buddy of mine to get checked out and serviced. Perhaps a trigger job. Its just a little on the heavy side.

Here are a couple of Pics.

Star also makes a BM model that is a 4" commander clone. Both the 4" and 5" are selling for about $200 -$300 depending on condition.

IMO it is the best of both worlds, the feel and weight of a 1911 and the ability to shoot less expensive 9MM for plinking/practice

Here are a couple of pics, New grips are coming to replace the plastic ones.

I purchased a Star B Super back in 1990, and still own it! Mine was imported by Interarms who went out of business some years ago. I've never had any trouple with my Star taking hollow points. It is a reliable functioning pistol, and shoots great. I did blacken the front & rear sights on mine as the white dots (lined up) weren't accurate.
The Star B Supers served as side arems in a lot of militaries around the world through the 50's & 60's.

Stars are nice, I used to have a 9mm Firestar. One of two guns that I regret selling(the other was a S&W Model 10). Magazines aren't so easy to find for some of the Stars, but CDNN still has some of them. Back when I still had my Firestar, I started up a Yahoo Group called star-guns, it's still around but there isn't much activity except me keeping the spammers out.
I've been meaning to get another Star of some kind(I'd love to find a 9mm or 45ACP Firestar again), but other stuff keeps taking priority.

Small World.....
I used to own a Firestar in 9mm, I bought it for a really good price. I sold it a few years ago as I didn't shoot it much. The Firestars are nice guns. I too would like to find a Star in .45ACP, but I'm looking for a Star PD. One of the best pistols Star ever made.
My search continues**

By the way AndyH,
Some helpful hints for you & your son. Three facts about the Star B Super you should be made aware of:

1)It has a magazine disconnect (trigger locks; pistol won't fire) with the magazine removed.

2) The safety can be applied with the hammer in the down (forward/rest) position.

3) The hammer has a "half cock" position, so you can carry it with a roound in the chamber (not advised!).

:s0155:
Small World.....
I used to own a Firestar in 9mm, I bought it for a really good price. I sold it a few years ago as I didn't shoot it much. The Firestars are nice guns. I too would like to find a Star in .45ACP, but I'm looking for a Star PD. One of the best pistols Star ever made.
My search continues**

Had a PD back in the '80's,bought it brand new.Nice pistol but I had to have me a by god 1911 so it got traded off:(

Got my eye on a Star BM 4" model as well, looks like a goos buy as they can be had in the sub $300 range, saw a few at the Salem gunshow overpriced like everything else
cheapest one was $350 and it was well used.