JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ok guys this is my first time posting here... even tho I have purchased a few from this site, I am going to try and sell one. I am giving it a go...

So I am not hard up for cash... I have shoot 20 rounds through it and they all cycled fine. The gun is a tad bigger then my hands. My hands are a bit small for it ( I have smaller hands) I went on a gun buying frenzy a year ago from gunbroker.com and this is one of pistols that I would love to keep and may keep if the I dont get what I think it's worth. No rust, no pitting, bore looks great. I would say for it's age it's about 87% if not more.

If you don't know much about the 9x23 please do some research before buying this super!!! However the 9x23 Largo actually gives you right at .357 Magnum performance (speed + energy) in a semi-auto. There isn't any other semi-auto that can do that unless you go to a "crazy" caliber like a .50 AE Desert Eagle. Basically 1,500 feet per second & 500lbs of energy! If you are using for a conceal carry, this gun will definitely put an attacker down, fast! Plus 9mm is a naturally accurate caliber. This gun has just enough weight that it feels good in the hand (slightly bigger hands then a 5'8 guy's hands) but it's not too heavy.

Ok so I changed my mind..... no cash strictly trade. Tell me what you got and the worse I can say is No thank you!!

Face to face, oregon residents only

IMG_3666.JPG

IMG_3667.jpg

IMG_3679.jpg

IMG_3682.jpg

Last Edited:
Hey, That's a nice looking Modelo Super, and I hope it finds a good home, but PLEASE make sure your buyer knows the difference between Winchester's 9x23 and 9mm Largo. You are completely correct that 9x23 will fit in the gun, and will give .357 a run for the money in weapons designed for it, but your Star just isn't built to handle it. It will for a while, and then if you're lucky, you'll ruin a barrel, less lucky a barrel and slide, less lucky yet... think about it. 9mm Largo is actually more on the lines of a 'typical' 9mm for performance, but is a very accurate round, and easy to handload.

I've had a few over the years, and looking at the stamps (nice picture, by the way), yours is a Spanish Army Issue, accepted by the army in 1950, probably manufactured in 1949 or 1950 (I couldn't see the whole serial number). Condition looks about like what we were seeing come in back in the late 80s, and whole lot better than most you can get today. Plus I don't see any import marks or reserializing on yours. If you don't get any bites here, you might try listing with one of the military collectors reflectors, they are bringing a nice chunk of change these days without the CAI or SOG import stamps.

If you have 9x23 or hot loaded 9mm Largo ammo, there are lots of folks looking for it to shoot out of their Destroyers. They'll handle it without blinking. Somewhere in my junk box, I still have a Modelo Super A barrel with a split through the chamber. I keep it just to remind myself that not all ammo is the same in old guns.

Best wishes to you.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.