JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Kudos! That may very well be a G.I. bringback, it would seem. My eyes can't tell, but there is a year stamp on the holster. Might see how that compares. Any documentation of the guns arrival in the US would up the value, but it is one of the more collectible Stars as is.

"F Patr 08" indicates the Parabellum P08 (9mm Parabelleum) cartridge, so you may be in luck there.

As to online info, here is a website of a fellow who lives and breathes Star firearms.
Here is theModel B page:

My father had a new in box, model: I believe the grips were plastic. My father got bad slide bite and put it back in the box and never touched it until he traded it. It was sharp and hard on my hands if I remember correctly.

The slide is stamped FPatr08. Patronen (Cartridge) 08 is 9x19mm, or as we know it 9mm Luger. I would interpret this as indication the Germans used it in their own service caliber. It wouldn't make sense to buy them in 9mm Largo.
The PD was a pretty kewl pistol if you didn't expect to shoot it a lot. Back then it was THE abbreviated .45.

Here I am recovering from an extremely wet opening day of bear hunting when I see this thread. I say to myself I have a pistol like that somewhere. Took me all morning to find it but I did and a bunch of ammo from 1962!!! I believe I traded firewood for it in the 80s and never shot it because it was 9MM Largo. Now to do a little reading on it from the links you guys posted.....

star.jpg

@Angler you have a Model A Super. Be advised the ammo you have is corrosive and the gun would need to be cleaned accordingly if you shoot it. If you care to share the serial number I will see what information is available in the Star Firearms book I have.

You guys have been a great help and I appreciate it.
I am not selling the gun but what appropriate $ value would you say it might be worth?

Thanks
James

Just a guess as yours is really difficult to find comps for as it is in really nice condition, doesn't have import marks and has the correct holster, but I would say $700-$800 wouldn't be far off.

You guys have been a great help and I appreciate it.
I am not selling the gun but what appropriate $ value would you say it might be worth?

Thanks
James

Thank you, as this has been a refreshing thread compared to all the doom and gloom posts lately. It is a gun forum after all.

It is called a 10 shot harmonica gun. I am not sure of the maker because I have not taken it to anyone to look at it. The owner of the company I worked for gave it to me when I retired after 45 years. His Son told me he got it in a auction in NY for around $11K.It is pretty cool.
Thanks
James