JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi All:

I am trying to figure out what model Star 1911 this is. I don't think it is a model B but it also does not appear to be a model BM.

Your thoughts:

Thank You
James

20200401_202325.jpg 20200401_202741.jpg 20200401_202754.jpg

Thanks for the help. I cant read the fine print but does the gun I have look like the third version? The writing on the slide before where it says star is odd. It is in very good shape and has not been shot for many years.

Thanks

Just saw your post, was headed straight to the bottom to leave a reply on where to find what you needed, but you beat me to it! I have a Model Super SM, which is a target model mini 1911 chambered in .380ACP. Great little gun, hope you enjoy your Model B!

That should be in 9mm Luger as opposed to 9mm Largo. Any chance there is a Nazi proof mark on the right side of the frame?? It will be on the side of the beaver tail. The mark wasn't always put on the guns that were sent to the Kriegsmarine. Per my Star Firearms book your serial number was one of 2500 sent to Bordeaux, France for the Germans on May 29, 1944, serial number range 244503-247002. It was part of a production run of 2725 pistols manufactured in 1943.

ETA: If you are interested in selling it, I would be interested in buying it.

Should be some variation on the Nazi eagle with the letters E/WaAD20 with it. Pretty small marking. There may also be a Bxxxx with it that is the issue number and should have a matching number on the slide.

@Ura-Ki - Contrary to popular myth, your Star will be just fine with .38 Super ammo. These guns were proofed way beyond Largo standards and the Super isn't much higher pressure. I refrain from using +P, but regular .38 Super does just fine. One of my Model A's needed a slight trimming at the top of the chamber for the Super rim, but the other four were fine as is. The legend of blowing up a Largo gun with Super ammo comes from some of the crappy-quality guns that were made. Star pistols are not in that category. They were made for police and military forces around the world.