JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I have an extremely nice Star Model B 9mm (Luger) to sell or trade. It was manufactured in 1955, and it's in about 95% condition with factory wood grips and the original factory mag. This pistol has a 5.4" barrel and traditional styling similar to a 1911 (according to my internet research, these are what Hollywood usually uses in movies instead of a true 1911 because the external extractor allows them to use their magical movie blanks). These guns were made in Spain for various European military groups, and they have a huge following because of their quality (their later "starfire" compacts didn't fare as well, but these older ones are tough to find - especially in this condition). Anyway, I have it in an aftermarket (Plano?) plastic pistol case, and I can throw in a cheap Uncle Mikes hip holster, but I don't have many other toys for it.

Here's the deal, this is a cool gun, and 3 of the 4 people that I remember ever showing it to wanted to buy it from me on the spot, but I never use it and can't really justify a safe queen right now. What I need is a mid- to full-size Glock to practice with (Prefer G23, 2nd choice would be a G22, then maybe the same sizes in 9mm; prefer at least 2nd gen with night sights, but would consider a 1st gen if price is right). The value of this pistol seems to be about $325-350 from my research, so I guess that is the asking range. Or, I would prefer to trade it (I can add factory 9mm ammo or cash if necessary to balance the trade).
View attachment 198280
View attachment 198281

View attachment 197458

View attachment 197459

Have you shot it to see how it feeds?
I took it out of the safe and shot it last week because I couldn't really remember. The three impressions that I walked away with were: 1) fun to shoot because of little felt recoil; 2) great crisp trigger - I don't think it's been messed with, but it feels really nice; 3) had a couple of feed jams in the box of ammo I fired (both times that I remember, it seemed like it tried to pull two rounds at once from the magazine; as it stripped the first round, the round below it would slide forward just enough to tip up in the front and pin the 1st round to the slide). So, to answer your questions honestly, it may need new mag springs or something, but I haven't played with it enough to know. I may have just not seated the rounds all the way back in the magazine when loading them; the factory magazine seems longer than necessary (from what I've read, they did this so they didn't have to tool a totally different frame for the European 9mm Largo or the .45 versions).

Otony- I don't know much about selling across state lines. If it's just a matter of faxing some paperwork back and forth and then dropping the gun in the mail, I'm okay with that. On the other hand, if I have to hire an attorney and an FFL on my end, my ADD will probably take over....:s0112:

Does this come with just one mag and do you know if additional mags are available on the market?

I only have the original mag. There are mags available online for between $30-40, but I bet they can be had at a gun show much cheaper. I have meant to look for a 2nd mag, but I always forget to take this mag to the gun show to compare, and there are two different styles for this model.

Wow, lots of interest, but it's still in my safe. I want to clarify something; I was honest above that the gun jammed a couple of times when I shot it recently. However, it is not as bad as other guns I've owned (newer and more expensive guns...), and I am pretty sure someone more experienced than me will have it running perfectly with minimal tinkering. Anyway, the mag spring feels tight, and it hasn't been stored with ammo in the mag while I've owned it (even though it is pictured with a partially loaded magazine). It's a cool-looking and fun-to-shoot gun, so this is probably my last bump; I don't mind keeping it, but I thought someone else might get more use out of it.

Also, I might consider other trades, but I mainly like guns that I have a specific use for. Off the top of my head, I might consider a semi-auto 12-ga for duck hunting (11-87?) or a lever action .357 or .30-30. I'd still prefer a Glock (I need to get used to the grip angle). Whatcha got?

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.