JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I wont bore you with the details, but my girlfriend sort of inherited a gun from her step dad. She knows nothing about guns, so had me take a look at it. The gun is a very neglected Star Bonifacio Echeverria chambered in 38 auto (38 auto = 9 mm Bergmann-Bayard)

anyone know anything about these? Yes, I've researched wikipedia and some other online sources, was curious about local experience with these. How hard is it to get ammo for for these guys? can you shoot regular 9mm? I suspect not. the same 9 mm 380 surprise.

Thanks

Thanks, I learned something! Same size as a .38 super, but not as powerful. Looks like it will be hard to find it. One listing on-line and they are out of it.
Interesting, Ed

Star Modelos Super

OK read...

What's the pistol marked? they came in 9mm Largo, 9mm Luger and .38 Super.....38/9mm Largo can, but should not be interchanged ( the article touches on it )

In the "same but different" category:

.38 ACP ( .38 auto )
.38 Super
9x23mm
9mm Largo
9mm Bergman Bayard

Did you ever get the 38 acp ammo figured out?I reload for it and could walk you through reloading some if you wanted...Robin

no not really. I have yet to shoot the gun. I think I can reload just fine provided i can find 38 acp cases. I got some ridiculous quote for 50 rounds and put the gun in the safe. I would like to shoot it.

i would be curious to know what your load recipe is for this caliber. BTW thanks for the offer - very nice of you.

I have a few hundred cases myself and depending on the gun and your surroundings,you can usually find most of your brass after shooting.Ill look around for my data and get back to you with what it is and where I found it so you can check it out yourself.It works well in my 2 guns,a colt 1902 ans a 1903.It should bi fine in yours also.I think the colts were the weaker design.You can use 38 super brass but not the comp.It needs to have a semi-rim...Robin

I have a few hundred cases myself and depending on the gun and your surroundings,you can usually find most of your brass after shooting.Ill look around for my data and get back to you with what it is and where I found it so you can check it out yourself.It works well in my 2 guns,a colt 1902 ans a 1903.It should bi fine in yours also.I think the colts were the weaker design.You can use 38 super brass but not the comp.It needs to have a semi-rim...Robin

so i can use 38 super brass? not sure what comp is?

will this work?

Remington Reloading Brass 38 Super +P

38 acp brass along with the later 38 super have a small semi rim.That is they index on the rim.38 super comp cases have no rim and index on the case mouth.I think the link you posted is the correct case,but if you look around you can sometimes find cases headstamped 38 ACP.No problem if you only have a 38 acp but if you have a 38 super it is too easy to mix up ammo with the same headstamp.I think graf and sons had 38 acp stamped brass a while ago but I had to email them about it...Robin

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top