Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Star 9mm

Discussion in 'Handguns Wanted' started by NWGN, May 14, 2011.

1. NWGN

NWGN Portland Area Member

I'm looking for one of those Spanish-made 1911 copies in 9mm. They were made in the Basque Country and since I'm Basque too I figure I've got an ethnic obligation to have one of those in my safe. I've seen a bunch of them on here but the ads always close before they're sold, so I'm sure there must be more than a few floating around out there. If you've got one I want to buy it! I'm thinking I'd like to spend around $250, but PM me and we'll work out details.

2. CEF1959

CEF1959 Willamette Valley, Oregon New Member

I share your love of these Euskadi pistols, which are truly remarkable, undervalued, and becoming more and more rare now that they aren't made at all any more. I have a Star Firestar M43 9mm Exc. in box with two mags, but you may have unrealistic expectations about the value of these guns, which are all steel and built with bygone-era craftsmanship. PM me if you are interested. But I don't see parting with mine for less than $500. In five years, I'll sell it for twice that. Or just keep it nicely polished in my safe.

3. NWGN

NWGN Portland Area Member

Thanks for the offer, but I'm going to wait for a model B or model BM. I really like the 1911 design. Two points for saying 'Euskadi' though.

4. cyclesurvival

cyclesurvival Vancouver Well-Known Member

I have a BM we woulkd have to due a transfer though. $225 plus the transfer.

5. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I have a model B from right after WWII and I would be hard pressed to sell it for less then $500.00 especially with the 3 factory and 2 aftger market mags I have with it

Just saying