Star .380 pistol broken firing pin

Discussion in 'Semi-Automatic Pistols' started by EPS, Dec 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. jbett98

jbett98
    NW Oregon
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The way I look at it, what have you got to lose, its never gonna fire without a replaced firing pin, so get a bigger hammer and a stout brass drift.

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  2. thorborg

thorborg
    portland oregon
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Depending on the firing pin shape, if you can't find one you might try making one. Here is the broken and finished firing pin and the drill bit I made it from.
    Between numbered, fractional, decimal and metric drill bits available you should find one the right size. All I used was a grinder, file and a drill press as a lathe using the file as a cutter. And a little sanding paper. Going on five years and maybe 500 rounds.
    Annealed it to work and then heat treated it both with a propane hand torch;
    IMG_20140503_182802_513.jpg

Lilhigbee and jbett98 like this.
  3. OutlawHoss

OutlawHoss
    none

4. EPS

EPS
    Anacortes
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

OK I like that idea with the drill bit I have lots of those lying around I never thought of that that is a good idea another guy said he made one out of stainless round stock also a good idea I have not been able to do any more work on it for few day's my real job lol requires me to be away from the house for few days at a time so start again when I can