JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've learned that is the case with even newer Star firearm parts. I owned a Star Firestar Plus in 9mm, and a few years ago traded it off, and then learned they had gone out of business and there were parts for my gun that were no longer available anywhere, so I'm glad I traded when I did.
Good luck with your repairs. It's sad too because they made a decent product.
Gabby

Star did make some very good guns! My buddy EDC'd a Star PD .45ACP, for many years.
I have a .40 Firestar that's probably 25 years old. Never a problem, it's accurate, and it's earned my trust many times over! I sometimes bring it out for my nightstand! Carried it for years!
I believe that your friends pistol is worth resurrecting!

Yep it's a pretty cool little gun kinda like a mini 1911 nock off it shot good when it worked lol I was surprised at how accurate it was for what it is too bad my friend didn't take better care of it anyway it is what is

He told he bought it for s 100 dollars from his brother inlaw like 5 or six years ago for his wife but it's just been sitting in there closet for most that time

I'm no gunsmith but I do most of the work on my guns so I looked at you tube and found a video of guy talking one apart and he made it look easy so I said I would try it for him lol HEHE DAM YOUTUBE EVERY THING LOOKS EASY ON THERE

Little help if possible I am helping or trying to help my friend fix his wife 's STAR S.A .380 pistol it has broken firing pin I have to remove the rear site to remove firing pin but I can not get the site to move used site tool and hammer and brass punch and different lubricant 's if I heated it would it damage the blue I know these guns are real old and they don't make them anymore so I really don't want to damage it I had a hard time just finding the firing pin for it
I have carried a Star 380 SS, the stainless version, for years and 8 or 9 years ago I had a firing pin breal. I used a copper drift to knock off the rear site, but could not find a new firing pin anywhere so I made one out of a stainless toy of the appropriate diameter. I didn't have a lathe so I turned it down on my drill press with a file. Once the pin part was turned I had to grind a notch for the retainer pin. The only thing that needed adjustment was the overall length of the pin. Back in the drill press for a quick turn and it was finished. I built it in maybe an hour and it has been working flawlessly since. Good luck.

I have carried a Star 380 SS, the stainless version, for years and 8 or 9 years ago I had a firing pin breal. I used a copper drift to knock off the rear site, but could not find a new firing pin anywhere so I made one out of a stainless toy of the appropriate diameter. I didn't have a lathe so I turned it down on my drill press with a file. Once the pin part was turned I had to grind a notch for the retainer pin. The only thing that needed adjustment was the overall length of the pin. Back in the drill press for a quick turn and it was finished. I built it in maybe an hour and it has been working flawlessly since. Good luck.
I should have read my post... I didn't make the pin out of a stainless toy, but rather a stainless rod...

I was told that if I can't find one that I would have to have one made but know that you told me that I have a drill press and a file and sand paper lol

There is a drift pin which goes through the rear sight and hold in place the firing pin. You may have to drift this pin out through the sight from the bottom of the slide? Not sure from the schematic but check it out?

Well I have to remove the site to remove the pin that holds the firing pin my problem is I can't get the site to move but a few guy on here have said to put it in vice and use a big brass punch and hammer I tried a site tool and a small brass punch and small hammer lol so I guess it's go big or go home

Look on the butt of it. There should be a model there, probably either S, SM, or SS. Those are the most common .380s. The S.A. is spanish for ~"Incorporated". Lots of confusion over Star models. The letter(s) on the butt are what matters. I have several of them.

Somehow, I knew I'd find you here...:p

@GeoSailor, your SS is not stainless, it is electroless nickel plated. Star never built any stainless guns. The SS is basically a Model S with a magazine safety. For anyone interested in Star collecting and history, there is a book by Leonardo M. Antaris, Star Firearms, that is a wealth of information.

Below; Model HK Lancer in .22, Model SI in .32ACP, Model S in .380ACP (Spanish Air Force), Model BM in 9mm (retired police pistol), Model A in 9mm Largo (Spanish Air Force), Model P in .45ACP.
Missing a CU in .25ACP to round out the lineup.

WP_20160117_001.jpg

And yes I saw that YouTube video that's what made me think I could do it for my friend who owns the gun lol like I said this morning DAM YOUTUBE EVRERY THING LOOKS EASY ON YOUTUBE

I have worked on those old Star pistols in the past, I use a 4" vise padded with thick aluminum plates, it seems to give less than rubber pads. Most normal sights drift out from left to right but who knows what method they were using in the 50's when that gun was designed. Grip it tight, line up the brass punch and dont be nice with the hammer,,, that sight will move. Even brass punches will deform that sight a bit, its just how it is. Lots of luck.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top