JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Little help if possible I am helping or trying to help my friend fix his wife 's STAR S.A .380 pistol it has broken firing pin I have to remove the rear site to remove firing pin but I can not get the site to move used site tool and hammer and brass punch and different lubricant 's if I heated it would it damage the blue I know these guns are real old and they don't make them anymore so I really don't want to damage it I had a hard time just finding the firing pin for it

Yep thanks I know it's got to be pushed right to left it just doesn't want to move I put some penetrating lubricant on it let sit over night and try again tomorrow thanks for the reply though

I suggest that you PM Velsey, on this site! He's one of our resident Gunsmith's here in the PDX area. He's a good guy, and I'm sure he'd be happy to give you some info! :)

It's old and has not been shot for 2 years it's my friends wife's gun they had it for bout 5 years sitting in there closet they came up 2 years ago and we went shooting and shot bout 100 rounds through it then they came to my house 2 weeks ago and we went to shoot it and it did not go pow lol

Yes it says Star S.A.CAL.9MM-.380 ON the side of the slide but on the bottom of the grip it says S then serial number so from what I have been able to find it's a S model they have so many different models but lots are pretty much the same

Look on the butt of it. There should be a model there, probably either S, SM, or SS. Those are the most common .380s. The S.A. is spanish for ~"Incorporated". Lots of confusion over Star models. The letter(s) on the butt are what matters. I have several of them.

Yep it's a S model sorry I was trying to say that but my phone went dead like I said they just have not took very good care of it so I'm trying to salvage it

IMAG0582.jpg

I got it all took apart except can't get that rear site to move I went to that site you mentioned to try to get a firing pin they were all sold out and everyone I went were sold out so I'm guessing that this is a problem with star guns lol the I did get might not be the right one one guy I talked to said might have to have one made for it $$$$ HEHEH

Thanks for all the help that's what I'm doing letting soak overnight see if I can get it done tomorrow after I go duck hunting in the morning thanks again and good night

For Star parts, you might try Interarms <broken link removed> . They appear to have a firing pin for the .32 ACP model of the Model S. The Star site indicates most parts are interchangeable between the .32 ACP and .380 ACP versions. Unfortunately, they don't say the firing pin specifically. Anyway, just thought I'd pass it along. Cheers. :)
YEP that's what I heard also so I ordered one but it looks smaller in diameter to the one in the gun I won't know for sure till I get the old one out thanks for the information

Need to mount the slide in a solid padded 5-6" vice. A piece of 3/8" dia brass round stock or square. 12oz dead blow ball peen hammer. Couple taps amd it will come right out. If you ruin it just let me know, I have some sight blanks that I can fit and make a new rear sight no prob.

Star parts are hard to come by. They imported tons of pistols, and almost zero spare parts for repair.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top