JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Many are familiar with the Star Super B. a rather popular surplus 1911 looking firearm

b-left.jpg

Here is one of their 30MI 9mm versions that I have not seen for sale before.
20150828_100431.jpg
http://www.centuryarms.biz/proddetail.asp?prod=HG2394-V

the MI variant might mean that it was bound for military use in India.

More information here
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/03/benjamin-t-shotzberger/gun-review-star-mod30-m/

Yes, the Model 30 is an excellent military and police pistol, if you carry on a duty belt OWB and don't care about the weight, AND have REALLY BIG hands. I only have big hands, and the gun was just too fat, and the safety was completely awkward. I much admire Star pistols; the FireStar model is superb if you like single action with a very positive frame mounted safety, all steel but still not too heavy. The FireStar-Plus is a wonderful double-stack 13 plus one version with an alloy frame so that it is still not too heavy. My personal favorite Star is the UltraStar version; it is a double/single action with a polymer frame and a slide mounted safety that has a decocking extra function, yet is easy to reach with the thumb. It only holds nine-plus-one rounds but it is built for rigidity instead of capacity. It is light and exceedingly comfortable to carry and shoot, as it aims very instinctively. Parts are getting hard to find, but since nothing breaks or even wears these are still superb pistols.

I too always liked the Star pistols. Almost grabbed one that @Norm0931 had in his shop a while back but was focused on other things at the time. Shoulda, coulda, woulda.....

I have a early 1950's Star model B and as long as you either wear gloves or at least remember not to let the web between your thumb and index finger climb up on the beavertail its an awesome and super reliable pistol. If you forget its a bubbleguming SON OF A bubblegum PITA cause it will bite the crap out of that webbing. and you will BLEED.

That said I will never sell mine.

I have a early 1950's Star model B and as long as you either wear gloves or at least remember not to let the web between your thumb and index finger climb up on the beavertail its an awesome and super reliable pistol. If you forget its a bubbleguming SON OF A bubblegum PITA cause it will bite the crap out of that webbing. and you will BLEED.

That said I will never sell mine.
haha so true!! Even if cautious, I sometimes still walk away with a blood blister.
Hey....how are things down there in Silverton after those damn fires? I hope that you and yours are all safe and whole after all of that. Scary stuff. Cheers!

I had, as I recall designation, a Star Model A in 9×23㎜ Largo. It was basically a 1911 clone, sans grip safety, and in the aforementioned metric cartridge. I sold it off in the months leading up to the birth of my daughter.

haha so true!! Even if cautious, I sometimes still walk away with a blood blister.
Hey....how are things down there in Silverton after those damn fires? I hope that you and yours are all safe and whole after all of that. Scary stuff. Cheers!
Much like you guys we panicked we packed and sat around waiting and the construction companies, loggers, and farmers to get the fires undercontrol.then we unpacked and are getting back to norm.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top