JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Parents are off working two jobs to pay for their McMansions. The computer babysits their kids and the doctor junks them up so they dont go out and do street drugs. Theyre not born evil. Theyre made that way.
So based on the fact that the law still continually fails to stop evil people from doing evil things, how would the government getting involved , possibly making a new law, make the situation any better?

So based on the fact that the law still continually fails to stop evil people from doing evil things, how would the government getting involved , possibly making a new law, make the situation any better?
First off get the concept of evi out if your head. The Devil isnt making them do it. If you or anyone in your home is on mind altering prescription meds then you should not have access to firearms. Yes, I believe only the sound of mind should have access to firearms. We do it with illegal drugs and no one seems to have a problem with it. SSRIs are worse.

First off get the concept of evi out if your head. The Devil isnt making them do it. If you or anyone in your home is on mind altering prescription meds then you should not have access to firearms. Yes, I believe only the sound of mind should have access to firearms. We do it with illegal drugs and no one seems to have a problem with it. SSRIs are worse.
"Sound of mind" is subjective criteria that cannot be uniformly applied and seems disastrously susceptible to corruption, similar to red flag orders.

Again, I've yet to hear how the government getting further involved would make anything better.

"Sound of mind" is subjective criteria that cannot be uniformly applied and seems disastrously susceptible to corruption, similar to red flag orders.

Again, I've yet to hear how the government getting further involved would make anything better.
Well its pretty easy actually. If you or anyone in your home is taking psychotropic drugs then you are not in the sound of mind category.

Well its pretty easy actually. If you or anyone in your home is taking psychotropic drugs then you are not in the sound of mind category.
Please explain how you would determine that another person in ones home use of psychotropic drugs dictates the soundness of ones mind?

Would you also believe that having one person in a white house suffering from dementia would indicate that all persons are demented?

Please explain how you would determine that another person in ones home use of psychotropic drugs dictates the soundness of ones mind?

Would you also believe that having one person in a white house suffering from dementia would indicate that all persons are demented?
No but they have access. If you have a safe , you use it and they don't have access not a problem.

Yes, mental illness should be a major disqualifier for access to firearms. That includes people in your home with mental illness. If they are taking SSRIs they are mentally ill and don't care about their actions.

So like coffee, alcohol, cigarettes, most tea, .....

Interesting theories. Please subscribe me to your newsletter.
No, like SSRIs that cause people to not give a damn. We talk about keeping guns away from the mentally ill. Do it or just suck it up when they decide to go on killing sprees.

Nope. Most of what you are concerned about is already prohibited
I'd like to politely point out that you don't know me and you have no idea what I concern myself about. In this case 'psychotropic' sounded very broad and non-specific to me. I'm not a fan of SSRI meds myself. If a person is on those, they're probably broken but I'm not a fan of further empowering the government that much even to save a few dozen people a year.

You need to realize that to the Ivory-Tower-Eggheads that pop out these "studies" like PEZ, it's a profit center. They operate with the premise that ALL people have "undiagnosed psychiatric issues"......
.....except them !

most mass shooters don't like splitting firewood, ill-fitting shoes, dry skin, sour milk, moldy bread, extra-large condoms, .... the list is long. :s0025:

Hot take: freedom is dangerous and "shall not be infringed" doesn't seem like it leaves room for misinterpretation.

There's been a massive shift to focus on mental health and I find it somewhat worrying because given what I've been seeing over and over again is a maneuver to use it as a building block for policies and laws. Depressed? Give the government your guns until (or if) they decide you can have them back. Mental health is important but I worry it will be weaponized very easily.

The strawman in the room is "so you'd give mentally ill people guns?!!?" and the answer is a simple "yes". They have access to cars, sharp tools, gas and matches. If someone means to do harm, they're going to do it one way or another. I won't sacrifice rights because someone else means ill. Think with your mind, not your heart. Politicians are professionals at manipulating your emotions for their benefit. "For your safety" is one of the most dangerous phrases people blindly accept these days. It is why I also believe everyone should have a gun; so we could all be equipped to handle such a threat on our own.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top