JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For (forgotten) perspective: there are 37,000 who die violently each year in the US. Men, women, children, babies.
Violently, suddenly and with no apparent defense.
102 each day!
On average 2 per state.
A crisis!
Something must be done!

Traffic accidents.

It seems that licensing, registration and prohibiting certain people from driving have not made that much of a dent in the daily death toll.

1) "Conclusions

A significant proportion of mass shooters experienced unmedicated and untreated psychiatric disorder."

WOW!!! What a bolt of comprehension!! Wanting to kill people you don't even know indicates mental health issues. Who'd a thunk it?

2) "Another interesting note about these people: Most of them have historically voted democrat, been registered democrat, or have come from registered democrat parents..."
Ah - That explains their inability to connect with the Real World.

For (forgotten) perspective: there are 37,000 who die violently each year in the US. Men, women, children, babies.
Violently, suddenly and with no apparent defense.
102 each day!
On average 2 per state.
A crisis!
Something must be done!

Traffic accidents.

It seems that licensing, registration and prohibiting certain people from driving have not made that much of a dent in the daily death toll.

Romeo and juliette
Are together in eternity
40,000 men and women every day
..another 40,000 coming every day.

96 ish time magazine had a story about mass shooters and how many were on psychotropics or mood stabilizers or NSAIDS
they had stopped cold turkey and that was what caused a psychotic reaction on an extreme scale.
Oh no, not the NSAIDs! How will the military's medical apparatus function without a steady supply of NSAIDs and dihydrogen monoxide to solve all ailments?

Oh no, not the NSAIDs! How will the military's medical apparatus function without a steady supply of NSAIDs and dihydrogen monoxide to solve all ailments?
I wonder when they changed that. When I was in they handed out oxycodone like candy and a sore throat got you a pint of codeine cough syrup. Down a bottle of that stuff and its time for Fight Night.

I wonder when they changed that. When I was in they handed out oxycodone like candy and a sore throat got you a pint of codeine cough syrup. Down a bottle of that stuff and its time for Fight Night.
Not sure - I'm only referencing it from hearsay; I never served. There are a lot of corpsman in emt/mountain-rescue, and my wife is USAF, so I've spent a lot of time being handed Ibu and a bottle of water for...everything...

Some exclude gang shootings from the "mass shooting" definition, I guess they don't count.
How ironic you bring this up as I recently had an 'experience' with just this position with an ultra lib family member.

The San Jose shooting sent him into a babbling free fall' of emotions and he began to text me with the standard nonsensical drivel about controlling AR's, mag limits better BGCs etc. so I 'carefully' answered him with some questions and one was about how Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the US but look at the numbers of shooting there. I related this to how its nearly impossible to control criminal acquisition of guns and his answer was, verbatim, 'Chicago is not related to this issue . Their gun violence is mostly gang related. Another issue but not related'

He was specifically referring to 'mass shootings' such as where its a one person shooting many scenario.

However the issue is he somehow believes mass shootings differ from 'gang related'. How or why I never got a reason but isn't it all gun crime?

However the issue is he somehow believes mass shootings differ from 'gang related'. How or why I never got a reason but isn't it all gun crime?

If you were to create a solution to "gun crime" without being distinct on these two issues, you'd solve one or the other or neither.

There is, indeed, a huge difference between gang related crime and random shootings - not just in the demographics and psyche of the perpetrator but of the victims as well.

Gang crime in Chicago has been an issue for almost a hundred years, but rarely (if ever) does it bleed out and affect Mrs. Robinson in her middle class neighborhood. But, when a kid shows up to high school with his parent's guns and puts a round into little Johnny and Suzy...well, now you've got the Mrs.'s attention. Now it's a problem. Now we need solutions - think of the children!

Kids dying from gang shootings or random shootings are still kids dying. But, make no mistake, these are very distinct problems that will require separate and unique solutions.

Those that create the ghettos and herd people into them are the ones responsible for gang crime. When you create criminals its just a criminal following his human nature to do evil. Very few criminals are born that way in my opinion, criminals for the most part are created by our politicians :s0093:

Video games and antidepressants.
I'm going against the flow here and say I think the information presented is worthy of consideration. Because I'd like to know why this form of violence is happening with greater frequency when it didn't occur much in the past. Why the increase? Are there more mentally ill people about? If so, why? I've got my own views as to why. For example, people are living in ever more crowded-up environments, frustrations with their fellow man are more frequent. Life in general is more regulated. I also think there is some monkey-see, monkey-do factor due to the increased reach of media coverage.

Some countries do require a psych exam or interview before a firearm purchase permit is issued. As much of a hindrance I think this might be, I'm also aware that changes in society might move us toward that. We all know or have met gun owners whom we've thought maybe ought not to have them. I doubt that the Founding Fathers would've wanted the village idiot to have a musket.
I notice the founding fathers didn't put a "except for this reason" after the "shall not be infringed" part of the 2nd Amendment.

I notice the founding fathers didn't put a "except for this reason" after the "shall not be infringed" part of the 2nd Amendment.
They didn't put anything in there about felons, either. They probably figured common sense would cover the necessary exceptions.

And that's the deal, common sense should prevent knowingly allowing the mentally ill from having guns. Which seems to be at the core of the OP, all those mentally ill people who are undiagnosed. What can we do to identify these people and prevent them from having guns.

They didn't put anything in there about felons, either. They probably figured common sense would cover the necessary exceptions.

And that's the deal, common sense should prevent knowingly allowing the mentally ill from having guns. Which seems to be at the core of the OP, all those mentally ill people who are undiagnosed. What can we do to identify these people and prevent them from having guns.
Careful using the term "common sense," that's the term the left uses to push for gun control now.

In terms of felons, you're right, they didn't, because it's stupid. If a person is such a threat to society they shouldn't have legal access to firearms then they should be removed from society (permanently if necessary). Furthermore, since felons commonly have guns and commit crimes again, even though there is a law against it, it's a joke.

If they are ok to be back in society, they should have all rights restored. If they aren't ok to be back in society with all rights restored, they can go through the chipper shredder.

I notice the founding fathers didn't put a "except for this reason" after the "shall not be infringed" part of the 2nd Amendment

I'm sure they hadnt been dealing with a bunch of lazy SOS entitled kids who sit around all day long thinking about killing all the time who take drugs that turn them into emotional zombies. Yeah sure . 2nd amendment.

I'm sure they hadnt been dealing with a bunch of lazy SOS entitled kids who sit around all day long thinking about killing all the time who take drugs that turn them into emotional zombies. Yeah sure . 2nd amendment.
Video games. My grandson was telling me lately about some he likes. Such as, "City Smash" and "Planet Smash." Which trivializes destruction of humanity on large scale. And seems to amuse kids.

That argument is the same type used to try to say semi auto guns weren't around then so it doesn't apply to those either.

The right of the people... not the right of certain people, or everyone except for XYZ.

That argument is the same type used to try to say semi auto guns weren't around then so it doesn't apply to those either.

The right of the people... not the right of certain people, or everyone except for XYZ.
Yeah wacked out kids on psychotropic drugs should have access to whatever firearms they want. And free ammo.

Sounds stupid doesnt it?

Video games. My grandson was telling me lately about some he likes. Such as, "City Smash" and "Planet Smash." Which trivializes destruction of humanity on large scale. And seems to amuse kids.
Videos games that allow players to enact violence aren't any major concern for the vast majority of the population who can distinguish between reality and video-game entertainment. For example: the call of duty franchise where the entire point of the game is to kill the opposing players.

It's misguided trying to assign blame to things (like video games) the vast majority of the population engages in without issue, just because a few losers who've done terrible things have also engaged in those same games.

We need to stop trying to blame anything except for the individual.

Yeah wacked out kids on psychotropic drugs should have access to whatever firearms they want. And free ammo.

Sounds stupid doesnt it?
Is that the governments job or the parents job to ensure that happens?

Because either way, the government will fail every time to keep evil people from doing evil things.

Is that the governments job or the parents job to ensure that happens?

Because either way, the government will fail every time to keep evil people from doing evil things.
Parents are off working two jobs to pay for their McMansions. The computer babysits their kids and the doctor junks them up so they dont go out and do street drugs. Theyre not born evil. Theyre made that way.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top