JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

https://journals.lww.com/psychophar...ium=press&utm_campaign=jcp_violence_pr_060921

Domestic Mass Shooters

The Association With Unmedicated and Untreated Psychiatric Illness

Glick, Ira D. MD*; Cerfolio, Nina E. MD†; Kamis, Danielle MD‡; Laurence, Michael JD§ Domestic Mass Shooters, Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology: June 7, 2021 - Volume Publish Ahead of Print - Issue -
doi: 10.1097/JCP.0000000000001417

Twenty-eight of 35 cases in which the assailant survived had a psychiatric diagnosis—18 with schizophrenia, 3 with bipolar I disorders, 2 with delusional disorders, persecutory type, 2 with personality disorders (1 paranoid and 1 borderline), 2 with substance-related disorders without other psychiatric diagnoses, and 1 with posttraumatic stress disorder. Four had no psychiatric diagnosis, and in 3, we did not have enough information to make a diagnosis.

Of 15 of 20 cases in which the assailant died, 8 had schizophrenia. None of those diagnosed with psychiatric illnesses were treated with medication.

Conclusions

A significant proportion of mass shooters experienced unmedicated and untreated psychiatric disorder.

Copyright © 2021 Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc. All rights reserved.
You can goto the last link to download the PDF.

It's sad that this information is not hi-lighted by the news media
as they report theses events. It's only speculation as to how much
this would influence popular thinking, but there would be at the
least more accurate info available to make a gun rights decision on.
Additionally, the term "mass shooting" so often used, causes the
audience to imagine a school/super market/theater, etc. setting
when in reality many of the mass shooting stats involve gang
violence. The media reports what marketing tells them that sells.
And the non thinkers buy it.

This is a slippery slope, the report states undocumented issues, which means that a physician had not diagnosed a previous issue that could have prevented a tragedy. This report could bring a push for psychological evaluations to buy our toys. Another thought is that the report did not mention documented issues, which is good and bad, as a visit to the psychiatrist for PTSD or a marriage disagreement could potentially bar your from purchases.

CFIX-MentalHealthViolence_Page_6.jpg

And they probably received grants from the NIH, NSF, Everytown and the Moms to arrive at such an elusive conclusion.
You know what, 100% of the shooters lacked morality too!
If it weren't for the deep corruption and abuse practiced by state mental heath institutions across the US, there might be be more of them open.

The anti-gun narrative is that "anyone" can go off the deep end at any time.. There are no "mentally ill" and "non-mentally ill" camps. Only one (1) long continuum of relative insanity.

Last Edited:
It's sad that this information is not hi-lighted by the news media
as they report theses events. It's only speculation as to how much
this would influence popular thinking, but there would be at the
least more accurate info available to make a gun rights decision on.
Additionally, the term "mass shooting" so often used, causes the
audience to imagine a school/super market/theater, etc. setting
when in reality many of the mass shooting stats involve gang
violence. The media reports what marketing tells them that sells.
And the non thinkers buy it.
A mass shooting is merely a shooting where several people or more are injured or killed. It doesn't matter what circumstance.

This is a slippery slope, the report states undocumented issues, which means that a physician had not diagnosed a previous issue that could have prevented a tragedy. This report could bring a push for psychological evaluations to buy our toys. Another thought is that the report did not mention documented issues, which is good and bad, as a visit to the psychiatrist for PTSD or a marriage disagreement could potentially bar your from purchases.
In some cases PTSD is bad enough that it's no longer safe for the sufferer to own a firearm. My combat veteran father sold his collection after going into a haze and firing nonstop into a tree row while hunting because he was convinced Charlie was there. He had no recollection of doing it and my uncle that was with him was horrified. Thankfully nobody was in that tree row. All I'm saying is there are times when a person needs to step away from the hobby.

In some cases PTSD is bad enough that it's no longer safe for the sufferer to own a firearm. My combat veteran father sold his collection after going into a haze and firing nonstop into a tree row while hunting because he was convinced Charlie was there. He had no recollection of doing it and my uncle that was with him was horrified. Thankfully nobody was in that tree row. All I'm saying is there are times when a person needs to step away from the hobby.
I fully agree, but the prospect of losing your gun rights will also prevent those that need help from seeking it.

A mass shooting is merely a shooting where several people or more are injured or killed. It doesn't matter what circumstance.
True and I believe the number is generally accepted as 4, wounded or dead. But the distinction I'm trying to make is the often
lack of clearly stated facts in news reports. The focus has been on non gang related shootings and using a number that includes
gang shootings for what I see as an oft times anti-gun approach to reporting. Gang shootings and the resultant community
sorrow are sad and ugly. Additionally deaths by firearms also include suicides, though not considered mass shootings.

https://journals.lww.com/psychophar...ium=press&utm_campaign=jcp_violence_pr_060921

Domestic Mass Shooters

Glick, Ira D. MD*; Cerfolio, Nina E. MD†; Kamis, Danielle MD‡; Laurence, Michael JD§ Domestic Mass Shooters, Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology: June 7, 2021 - Volume Publish Ahead of Print - Issue -

Twenty-eight of 35 cases in which the assailant survived had a psychiatric diagnosis—18 with schizophrenia, 3 with bipolar I disorders, 2 with delusional disorders, persecutory type, 2 with personality disorders (1 paranoid and 1 borderline), 2 with substance-related disorders without other psychiatric diagnoses, and 1 with posttraumatic stress disorder. Four had no psychiatric diagnosis, and in 3, we did not have enough information to make a diagnosis.

Of 15 of 20 cases in which the assailant died, 8 had schizophrenia. None of those diagnosed with psychiatric illnesses were treated with medication.

Conclusions

A significant proportion of mass shooters experienced unmedicated and untreated psychiatric disorder.

Nothing to see here, doesn't fit the narrative of guns are bad…. Fake news, nothing to see, move along…

Unfortunately none of what would have been news organizations to earlier generations will bother to pick up and headline this information, it's in direct conflict with what the powers to be want…

:s0054:

Well,

Domestic Mass Shooters

Conclusions

That sounds like the astute observation that can only come from a multi-million dollar government grant...

Hugely expensive and incredibly superficial University study also recommends further long term follow-up of mass-murderer un-diagnosed psychiatric illnesses in Hawaii, Paris, Sydney, and Banff at Christmas... just to make sure.... for science.
:eek:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews