JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Umitila
I suggest PPL here read up on the most recent LA Riots (Rodney King)
there was NO LEO pressance, NO NG pressance for 4 days, LA Police hunkered down at city hall and watched TV. The situation was pre-planned and a billion Pre-Obama dollars went up in smoke, members of Non-Entitled-Races were raped, murdered and burnt alive by cheap thugs with a empty beer bottle and .50 worth of gasoline.
This time there will be an army armed with explicit instructions pre-loaded in lap tops. GPS/Cenus data cross referanced with Google Earth.
expect Soviet infantry weapons, IEDs MFG in Venezuala weilded by Cartel and Jihadies
watch for the Red, Green, Black and Brown T-shirts and scarves

I sure hope this is a joke.

Umitila
I suggest PPL here read up on the most recent LA Riots (Rodney King)
there was NO LEO pressance, NO NG pressance for 4 days, LA Police hunkered down at city hall and watched TV. The situation was pre-planned and a billion Pre-Obama dollars went up in smoke, members of Non-Entitled-Races were raped, murdered and burnt alive by cheap thugs with a empty beer bottle and .50 worth of gasoline.
This time there will be an army armed with explicit instructions pre-loaded in lap tops. GPS/Cenus data cross referanced with Google Earth.
expect Soviet infantry weapons, IEDs MFG in Venezuala weilded by Cartel and Jihadies
watch for the Red, Green, Black and Brown T-shirts and scarves

With Drones, cell phone jamming and lots of other things.

Ok throwing in another two cents. I play airsoft and this last summer me and my buddies were out at splat action. The weapons we had among us were 1 sniper rifle, 2 thompson M1A1 (One was mine), an AK, a M4, a few other rifles, and various hand guns. Now the standard caliber is a little plastic 6mm bb. This came in handy in between skirmishes when we all relaoded. We would pass a bag to anyone who needed BB's. We didn't have matching mags but we had matching ammo and more enough mags to last each engagement.

Ok throwing in another two cents. I play airsoft and this last summer me and my buddies were out at splat action. The weapons we had among us were 1 sniper rifle, 2 thompson M1A1 (One was mine), an AK, a M4, a few other rifles, and various hand guns. Now the standard caliber is a little plastic 6mm bb. This came in handy in between skirmishes when we all relaoded. We would pass a bag to anyone who needed BB's. We didn't have matching mags but we had matching ammo and more enough mags to last each engagement.
We call that the "buddy system" that's why when I use to airsoft we all carried AR weapons, so we could pull a mag from a friend, when I first started playing with a team, I carried a M14 and I always had my own mags... the buddy system is always a bonus. All though we all kinda have discussed this at diffrent points

We call that the "buddy system" that's why when I use to airsoft we all carried AR weapons, so we could pull a mag from a friend, when I first started playing with a team, I carried a M14 and I always had my own mags... the buddy system is always a bonus. All though we all kinda have discussed this at diffrent points

There is a gunwriter/national trainer and considered an expert in small arms. Among other things he did some serious long term testing of the Glock 17. Anyway, in one of his published articles he stated that he had reviewed over 3,000 Police Officer involved shootings over a period of years and in none did Officers exchange magazines. He considers the argument hypothetical.

Airsoft is not the street.

I know airsoft is not the street but it allows you to run through situations in real life and not die. Giving one the opperitunity to learn from ones tactical errors, learn what you can and can't carry, how to traverse different landscapes safely, experiment with camoflage, build a good team cohesion, learn the strength and weakness of each team mate, blow steam off without blowing a hole in your wallet, and have fun.

Well going back the to commonality question here my 1/2 cents worth (deflation of currency) a .508 is nice because it is common with government 7.62 x .51

5.56 for same reason and you can use the .223 rounds when some civilian rifles using .223 will not use 5.56, also is one of the most assualt weapon in nato, police and dhs.

.40 cal is nice because the usg just signed a contract with a total optional volume of 450 million rounds, plus is has become a very common caliber weapon amongst civilian, police, now dhs as well is buying a couple million of those rounds just now selected a supplier yet.

9mm is another sweet one, very, very common throughout the world and our military.

12 ga. well you about it, hunter, malitia home defense, militaries around the world, dhs and police,

don't let me forget the 22's every prepper and hunter has at least 22 around,

These are the most that I know of, not looking to argue here just making a point. You exchange rounds with your buddy, scavenge, acquire in shtf situation and if you have to take a person or person out in a shtf scenario, the first thing I am going to do once the scene is secure is strip and their pals of everyhting before them to my dogs, so i can save on dog food. I figure I will be able to replenish my stores this way for awhile anyways.

As well as the fact that most people you team up with will most likely have one or two of these calibers and you can exchange, beg or borrow (not acquire from team members) to help secure your sommon good. A couple of buddies and family members have already figured this one out and made commonality gun purchases to be able to support and defend each other.

Now to my other point a few not as common as above but well used, 30-06, 7mm mag, 30-30 in midwestern states (used for white and very effective at it) there are 20 ga shotgun not as common as 12 ga. but used by a lot of female hunter and teenagers as a beginner shotgun because it has less recoil, very effective as well.

Then we have 38 & 357, 44 mag, 380, 32 45 and so on and so on. My point here is if you have one the not so popular weapons I would not run out and sell it because it is not the most common, depending on just how bad things got, that old hunting cabin you stumble across while scavaging or hunting or patrol whatever my have a box of 16 ga and one of 243's sitting on the mantle or tucked away. Or since they not used in most assault or home defense weapons may be what you come across that some has for trade.

My train of thought is if you already have one the less common weapons, or have already acquireed the more common ones and are looking buy a few for trade in shtf or just in case consider the less common calibers, I have seen 30-30 ammo on the shelves when there wasn't 9mm, 40 cal, 308 or 223 for miles around the last few years. Plus people are selling these at good prices trying to get enough money together to get an M4.

Please, if I did cover your weapon choice I am not looking to argue here, just trying making a rationale point from the way I see it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top