JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm getting quick disconnect sling swivels for my AR-15, but I noticed there are two types: standard and heavy duty. Are the heavy duty swivels worth the extra few bucks? Are there any problems with either version? Based on pictures, the heavy duty swivels appear to be narrower, but that may be an optical illusion.

Generally, and without knowing what brand your speaking of, HD swivels are any number of the following: a bit thicker/beefier, made of better materials or have a better heat treat and may be better finished/smoother in operation.
Depending on your needs, the standard swivels (what ever those are) may be fine, or if you have a bunch of farkles on your rifle and it weighs 14 lbs, or you intend to jump out of airplanes... the HD swivels may be more secure. Just don't buy the quality swivels then affix a cheap sling to them, or visa-versa. :p

C

I pretty much just have the standard equipment on it, so it doesn't weigh a ton. My plan is to put a VCAS sling on it. The only way you'll see me jump out of an airplane is if it's on fire...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top