JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know you said you are set on Schnauzers, but listen, I have a English Lab you can have for free. He is a great dog. 140 pounds, Loyal and smart and knows basic commands and a few tricks!

Full disclosure he howls like a banshee at police sirens, ambulance sirens, Fire truck sirens. He howls when he thinks he might of heard a siren. When I say howls I mean he mimics the sound of a siren, he does it usually for close to a minute each time. Sometimes he dreams about sirens and at 2:30 in the morning he will wake up and pass on the relay siren to his other dog buddies throughout the neighborhood.

All in all, if you can get passed his burning desire to be a first responder and to relay siren calls to the neighborhood he is a great dog. I am willing to let you have him, because if I don't the neighbors may burn my house down.

All kidding aside (let me know if you want the Lab) here is a link to the Portland Miniature Schnauzer club

<broken link removed>

Not sure if you are looking for a mini or not, but this is where my Cousin started in his search for a regular Schnauzer, they found a breeder here in Oregon, I will contact him and try to get you the breeders info, but he found them through that site.

Good luck with the search. And like I said, I have a Lab if you want him.

Last Edited:
I have been going back and fourth between these 3 dogs lab, German, and the giant schnauzer. I'm pretty sure "mabey" we want to stick to standerd schnauzer. Medic that is hard to say no to!

are they good with firearms? are they as jumpy as alot if you happen to touch one off when they are around? can you hunt with them?

( doing my good deed to help not get this thread deleted. )

Most any dog can be a good gun dog if it isn't ruined early on. My lab GSP mix was but can handle the 22s if birds are involved.
Labs are mostly noise makers for a watch dog scenario.The other 2 would be best for protection

I know you said you are set on Schnauzers, but listen, I have a English Lab you can have for free. He is a great dog. 140 pounds, Loyal and smart and knows basic commands and a few tricks!

Full disclosure he howls like a banshee at police sirens, ambulance sirens, Fire truck sirens. He howls when he thinks he might of heard a siren. When I say howls I mean he mimics the sound of a siren, he does it usually for close to a minute each time. Sometimes he dreams about sirens and at 2:30 in the morning he will wake up and pass on the relay siren to his other dog buddies throughout the neighborhood.

All in all, if you can get passed his burning desire to be a first responder and to relay siren calls to the neighborhood he is a great dog. I am willing to let you have him, because if I don't the neighbors may burn my house down.

All kidding aside (let me know if you want the Lab) here is a link to the Portland Miniature Schnauzer club

<broken link removed>

Not sure if you are looking for a mini or not, but this is where my Cousin started in his search for a regular Schnauzer, they found a breeder here in Oregon, I will contact him and try to get you the breeders info, but he found them through that site.

Good luck with the search. And like I said, I have a Lab if you want him.

We love the HELL outta labs that howl!

Sent you a PM.

Its what I heard. I have never owned one but the one I have seen seemed to be good dogs.
I have owned Springer spaniels and they were as dumb as a box of rocks so..

well. in the long hair dogs defense.. I have owned Chihuahuas and as short hair dogs.. or rats.. were not all that bright...The loved there warm beds though..

Our lab is significantly smarter than our other dogs, he just isn't as conniving. I think people sometimes confuse labs easy going good nature for being slow. They just aren't as prone to shenanigans.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top