JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
New Yorkers are a brainless lot I know, but if a building explodes, and I cannot render assistance, I am getting the hell out of there because if , if this was terrorism, hundreds of idiots standing around taking video with cell phones will go down like bowling pins in a secondary explosion.

Its because sheep think they're safe.

Like with a pack mentality, if the majority are unharmed and standing around all must be well.. So they whip out their phones.

If you took a wide angle shot of a crowd you could see the situational awareness and crowd dispersal if 40%+ of them are in harms way.. If its less than that they'd all just stand around and look down at their phones or talk about stupid sheeple stuff like they always do..

Im with you, Id take a peek at the blast but then get out of there.. My motivation:

NOT being a witness OR giving a report that will inevitably get called to court and costs me quite a bit of damn money by missing work.
OR
Getting out of there before traffic gets hellish and they start closing off streets or other crowds start to build making my way out like a Salmon swimming upstream.

Don't forget, many of them are hoping for their moment of glory talking to the reporters. They all need to have their 5 seconds of fame, it's what really matters to many of them. These are the same people that will vote for more laws that restrict their personal freedoms. But so long as they have their 'value' online, they are satisfied. It's really sad, but certainly not new.

"Think of it as evolution in action." - from _Oath Of Fealty" by Jerry Pournelle

"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools."
- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903) _State-Tamperings with Money and Banks, Vol. 3, Ch. IX_

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top