JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll take this guy's apparent honesty about learning to shoot over some political hack in a flannel shirt with a shotgun over his shoulder that is only a propmaster away from Baldwining somebody because he doesn't have a clue which end is important.

Says here he wants CC reciprocity with Washington and Nevada. Hell, I'll vote for him! And I don't even live in Oregon!!!
I s'pose as a WA resident, if I register as a Democrat, I can vote in Oregon elections, right? It works that way for them in other states, right? o_O

You can be a strong 2A supporter and never touch or own a gun. The second amendment isn't *guns* its all *arms* - knives, swords, clubs, tazers, mace, axes. Its just the guns that get all the attention - meanwhile most jurisdictions have really draconian laws governing the ownership, possession, and carry of various other sorts of arms that make even California's gun laws look lenient.

Blasting a guy because he doesn't own any guns at the moment is kind of dumb. He's learning. Maybe he decided the path for him to be a responsible gun owner is get training first, rent some guns to see what he likes, then buy one - instead if just going to a gun shop and buying a gun he's never shot on the recommendation of the guy behind the counter?

Has anyone else even made rumblings about running for governor, and if they have, are they recycled trash with no hope of winning, or are they complete unknowns, or what? The last four gubernatorial elections in Oregon were big disappointments (honestly, all of them since Vic Atiyeh left have been)

Each of the candidates had various strengths and weaknesses but ultimately either they were so lack luster over all they couldn't draw in independents, or Oregon's GOP voting base is just too lazy to fill out their mail in ballot that the dems won again.

Chris Dudley was interesting as an outsider, but aside from being a basketball guy back in the day - no one knew him.

Dennis Richardson - maybe would've been the best governor Oregon would've had in 50 years - still largely unknown outside of southern Oregon or to those who closely follow Oregon's politics. His lack of name recognition but the "R" by his name probably sunk him. At least he got elected to Sec State before his passing. RIP to a good man.

Bud Pierce - a moderate republican, probably would've done a good job. Before he announced his candidacy - did anyone know him?

Knute Buehler - not liked by a lot of republicans because of his compromise stances on abortion and guns. Still floated to the top of the pack over more conservative choices that more or less imploded during the primary season.

Steve Pulliam may not be as well known as Buehler or Richardson yet but he has time, and he has been in the regional media a few times because of his outspoken nature and sparring with Kate Brown as mayor of Sandy. He's a breath of fresh air. Give the guy a break and see where he goes in the next few months. Hopefully he'll tour all of Oregon and try to whip up support, and rally the voters in the metro and get them energized enough to fill out their ballots and drop them in person at the collection sites so they can't get "lost" in the mail.

Who else is there in Oregon who would run for governor and challenge Shemia Fagan? She is the presumptive nominee at this point, of course maybe Tina Kotek or Ted Wheeler would run, or even better - JoAnn Hardesty - but I'd bet cash money that Shemia Fagan is the top of the ticket come next year.

Maybe Phil Knight will decide to enter politics and run for governor at 83? Doubt it. Kevin Mannix? Sadly probably guarantee a dem victory if he is top billing. Not to mention he's getting up there in age too (though he's 12 years younger than Knight.) What is the current state of Oregon GOP leadership?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top