JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I waited over 500 days, threw in the towel, canceled the transfer and reapplied. By the time I get my FN SCAR SBR it will likely well exceed 2 1/2 years. They said the FBI was doing the background.

Just for fun...we received about 15 stamps today, most are January and February 2018 applications. Also received one of my own, submitted 2 stamps field on the same day, same trust, same person (me) July 9, 2016 and approved September 5, 2018. The first stamp was approved in 11 months. The second one just kind of disappeared in the system. I called. I emailed. I complained. Nothing ever changed it. It arrived today. 2 years 2 months later. Filed same day, same trust, same everything...15 extra months. Yes, its frustrating for individuals and for us dealers...even more so because we literally, have hundreds of people calling about their suppressors. Well, I finally have my own paperwork. You're not alone in your frustration with ATF NFA branch.

View attachment 498278

I'm going to be really happy if one is mine!:D

(4) Form 1's for four separate suppressors
Check cashed 11/17/2017
3 of the 4 arrived at Beavercreek Armory 09/14/2018
302 days, or 9 months 29 days
But alas! Still waiting on the fourth one to show up. To pass the time and take my mind off the asinine bureaucracy, I found this great time calculator to geek out on:

Alternative time units

302 days can be converted to one of these units:

• 26,092,800 seconds
  • 434,880 minutes
  • 7248 hours
  • 302 days
  • 43 weeks and 1 day
  • 82.74% of a common year (365 days)
Also to chime in on what others were saying, I called ATF about a month, month and a half ago, and the very nice lady said they had done their part a while ago, and everything was at the FBI...of course, when I called them the very nice recorded message said they were too busy to answer the phone.

What was the phone number to the FBI? When I thought I got close the last message was they won't give that information out over the phone. And their answering machine hung up.
(4) Form 1's for four separate suppressors
Check cashed 11/17/2017
3 of the 4 arrived at Beavercreek Armory 09/14/2018
302 days, or 9 months 29 days
But alas! Still waiting on the fourth one to show up. To pass the time and take my mind off the asinine bureaucracy, I found this great time calculator to geek out on:

Alternative time units

302 days can be converted to one of these units:

• 26,092,800 seconds
  • 434,880 minutes
  • 7248 hours
  • 302 days
  • 43 weeks and 1 day
  • 82.74% of a common year (365 days)
Also to chime in on what others were saying, I called ATF about a month, month and a half ago, and the very nice lady said they had done their part a while ago, and everything was at the FBI...of course, when I called them the very nice recorded message said they were too busy to answer the phone.

What was the phone number to the FBI? When I thought I got close the last message was they won't give that information out over the phone. And their answering machine hung up.

I will try and find that number. The gal at the ATF said it was a waste of time to call them because it just goes to voicemail, and she was correct. See what I can do though.

Day 257.......

tally_marks.jpg

Sent a second email to Congressman Walden's office today. 1st one went unanswered. Left a message too. Today marked my 375th day on the 1st can.

Called the NFA line and tried to get to my examiner. Failed. Lady wouldn't transfer me. I didn't feel like arguing.

Sent a second email to Congressman Walden's office today. 1st one went unanswered. Left a message too. Today marked my 375th day on the 1st can.

Called the NFA line and tried to get to my examiner. Failed. Lady wouldn't transfer me. I didn't feel like arguing.
Why not cancel the application and rebuy?

Why not cancel the application and rebuy?
If I ever get to the point where I'd cancel, I'm done with it entirely and will never try again.

The system would have worked on me and detoured me from wanting to own a NFA item.

If I ever get to the point where I'd cancel, I'm done with it entirely and will never try again.

The system would have worked on me and detoured me from wanting to own a NFA item.
Well I hope not. A year is a very long time in this process for sure. 6-7 months is good and unexpected, 8-9 months expected, and 10-12 would be confusing. You'll probably never know why it is slow in coming.

I know that I'm 100+ days behind you, but I really want to steal this hashtag......

#metoo

E

Reading through this thread it appears to me that NFA forms were approved at a faster pace pre-Trump. Are we seeing feet dragging by the deep state... or are we actually flooding them with approval requests? I wouldn't be surprised if resistance within the ATF and FBI hasn't caused a slow down.
I do not presently have anything in the system, haven't for a few years, but even eight years ago a non-trust form would only take six months.

Well anyone else besides @RogerJ interested in the FBI phone number, it is 877 324 6427.
Also, now that I have my suppressors, anyone know where I can get some assistance removing muzzle devices? Haven't set up a work bench and got a vice yet, so I'm limited.

Well anyone else besides @RogerJ interested in the FBI phone number, it is 877 324 6427.
Also, now that I have my suppressors, anyone know where I can get some assistance removing muzzle devices? Haven't set up a work bench and got a vice yet, so I'm limited.
Thank you for posting this for me. Without being too redundant my last SBR was 500+ days (as I lost count) and cancelled the transaction, resubmitted, and the prior SBR was 420 days. I have two more in the pipeline. Another SBR (Feb 18) and a SMG (June 18). I'm beginning to think a year is FAST, 18 months average (for others), and 2 years or more for me. We'll see. I would love to see the FBI who is slow walking these background checks to make a liar out of me.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top