JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
ATF numbers for 2017:
Form 1 40,444
Form2 497,329
Form3 344,197
Form4 184,312
Form 5 180,850
Form 9 224,389
Total 1,471,521

This may explain some of this delay.

Looks like they're under 6 months now!

Check cashed 2/11/18
Pending 2/13/18
Approved 8/9/18

@Reno911

Have you called to check on yours recently? Most of the delays I'm hearing about are when it gets stuck in the "Pending FBI Background Check" loop.

It might be worth a call, just to see where it's at in the process.

Looks like they're under 6 months now!

Check cashed 2/11/18
Pending 2/13/18
Approved 8/9/18

@Reno911

Have you called to check on yours recently? Most of the delays I'm hearing about are when it gets stuck in the "Pending FBI Background Check" loop.

It might be worth a call, just to see where it's at in the process.
Ehh, I've lost all hope at this point, I'll get it when I'll get it. I've called last about a month ago and at that time I had been in the FBI loop for 4 months.

There's nothing I can do but wait for our government overlords to allow me to possess the scary quiet makey thingy!

Last Edited:
Ehh, I've lost all hope at this point, I'll get it when I'll get it. I've called last about a month ago and at that time I had been in the FBI loop for 4 months.

There's nothing I can do but wait for our government overlords to allow me to possess the scary quite makey thingy!

I want to hear the Turbo when you get it!

I'll be bringing my Obsidian 9 to the cleanup for it's inaugural outing, if you'd like to check it out.
Definitely. I've got the 3lug mount for it I can bring. Since, well, everything I've got has a three lug on it waiting for mine.

I just got 2 cans back right over 9 months from submission. Filed individual.

I have a 3rd can that is over 6 months and hasn't even been sent to FBI for background yet. The first 2 were with FBI for over 3 months.

Getting ready to form 1 a pistol into a sbr. Curious to see how long this one takes

One year down...

Yippee!

I get a cookie now right?

isb-volunteer-service-award.jpg

One year down...

Yippee!

I get a cookie now right?

:s0013:
:s0081:
:s0058:
:s0054:
I really don't know if it would be better to wait or cancel and resubmit at this point.

I'd let you borrow one of mine to play with, but the ATF frowns on that...:oops:

As a side note, there have been a rash of Form 4s returned to SilencerShop lately for correction. Apparently SilencerShop can no longer sign the Form 4 on behalf of the FFL, the FFL has to sign it directly. Just a heads up for anyone who's purchased something in the last month or two.

I read some depressing stuff over at the NFA trackers forum that folks are resorting to contacting politicians to get things moved along.

It will truly sadden me if that becomes the new normal. Wait forever, only to still have to call a local politician office to ask for permission again.

I'll say one thing, I'm done. I was going to buy an integral for my 10/22 but I've decided it isn't worth it.

I know some say you have to pay to play, but I get it now. Those that are on the edge, trust me, this is the most stupid process I've ever been through. To have to wait 12+ months for something you are legally able to own is simply not worth it in my eyes.

I know some will chime in and say otherwise, but in my personal opinion. I'd not do it again if I knew.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top