JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All you all getting approvals... :oops:

Edit: This is a more representative emoji. :s0044:

I think I know now why some approvals take 4 months and others 14 months.....the ATF uses one of these.....

pingpong.jpg

I just got my form 1 for a trust back. Mailed in on 2/2/18, check cashed a week or two later.

Approved 6/18, got my application with the stamp attached today, 6/25.

A hair over four months isnt bad.

Time to drill some baffles and do some engraving.

Do you get notice of approval or did it just show up in the mail one day?

My check was cashed on 1/27 for a Form 1 individual application. I wasn't really expecting any response for at least another 2-3 months at the minimum, but now seeing your approval.....??????

E

Do you get notice of approval or did it just show up in the mail one day?

My check was cashed on 1/27 for a Form 1 individual application. I wasn't really expecting any response for at least another 2-3 months at the minimum, but now seeing your approval.....??????

E

no notification, it just showed up. I even thought I messed up on the box where it asks for 'additional description', 4H, the name and location of manufacture. For a suppressor you also need the model and SN in that box, and I only put my trust name, Portland, OR, and the serial number.

They did however put a little stamp next to the box clarifying what I need engraved.

I picked my Sandman S up on Tuesday!

Check cashed 12/26, approved on 6/20.

Been having fun with it so far, but ran into a snag on the one firearm I was really looking forward to trying it out on... :(

Bore alignment was off far enough to concern me, so I'm stuck waiting for a different flash hider in the hopes that it fixes things. After 6-1/2 months, what's another week? :rolleyes:

Update on the saga of the 500 day wait for my FN SBR may finally be approaching some action. After the useless call to the ATF information line last week I began to look for a new approach. Going through many pages of their web site I found an email address. I composed a diplomatic complaint and sent it off expecting nothing. To my surprise in less than an hour I received a reply from the ATF Branch Chief NFA Division along with the number to his private line and a message to call. We talked for about 15-20 minutes while he attempted to make sense of contradictory notes in the file. In any event the whole process came to a screeching halt at the FBI NICS. He gave me an NTN# (?) and advised I fill out an online appeal to see exactly what the problem was and how to resolve it. In a nutshell the FBI claims they didn't get my fingerprints but acknowledge receiving them in another note. They claim my SOT was notified in Jan. but he wasn't. The online FBI form claims they will respond in 5 business days. We'll see.

Last Edited:
I picked my Sandman S up on Tuesday!

Check cashed 12/26, approved on 6/20.

Been having fun with it so far, but ran into a snag on the one firearm I was really looking forward to trying it out on... :(

Bore alignment was off far enough to concern me, so I'm stuck waiting for a different flash hider in the hopes that it fixes things. After 6-1/2 months, what's another week? :rolleyes:
Congratulations dude.

Update on the saga of the 500 day wait for my FN SBR may finally be approaching some action. After the useless call to the ATF information line last week I began to look for a new approach. Going through many pages of their web site I found an email address. I composed a diplomatic complaint and sent it off expecting nothing. To my surprise in less than an hour I received a reply from the ATF Branch Chief NFA Division along with the number to his private line and a message to call. We talked for about 15-20 minutes while he attempted to make sense of contradictory notes in the file. In any event the whole process came to a screeching halt at the FBI NICS. He gave me an NTN# (?) and advised I fill out an online appeal to see exactly what the problem was and how to resolve it. In a nutshell the FBI claims they didn't get my fingerprints but acknowledge receiving them in another note. They claim my SOT was notified in Jan. but he wasn't. The online FBI form claims they will respond in 5 business days. We'll see.
In their defense, the FBI has been busy of late dealing with other things! (sarcasm)
After having gone through filing, only to find that i had screwed something up 30 days later, I finally purchased a couple from a new vendor. They digitized both my picture(could probably get arrested just with that!) and my fingerprints. Now, should I order in the future, they can fill out all of the paperwork and send it to me to Docu-sign. Then they send hard copies for me to send in/through a receiver FFL.

I think the ATFBE suffers from a too-much-paper problem and a lack of organization to handle all of the forms that come their way. I am hopeful that your email/phone call will suddenly make your signed forms magically appear for you.

Got my form 1 back today. :s0115:

Submitted 11/28/17
Check cashed 12/13/17
Approved 6/27/18
Stamp in hand today 7/7/18

Still waiting on two form fours from before this guy. One from Sept 2017. The other in November. A forth was this year.

Wow...Yikes! :confused:

With a form 1 approved, I figured I'd call and check on the others, being that they were submitted before this particular form 1. And..................

Still waiting on the FBI.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads