JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lol..you're in rare form Certaindeaf:rolleyes:.... Thanks for the recipe ....I am excited to try this new tumbler out and compare to my vibratory tumbler... Research suggests that the outcome will be night and day

That's what I am thinking as well... I may have to sell it or something as I have limited reloading real estate in my designated reloading area and just having something sitting around seems kind of silly.

The dawn and lemishine is what i use, i only typically need an hour.

Enjoy getting the pins out, invest in the magnet ;)

Steel is magnetic.....

Let me clarify, stainless steel is made magnetic or not, depending on the requirement, it's not a sign of inferior or superior type.

Last Edited:
Allow me a little leeway here. As a professional engineer, I would reject SS with such low Ni/Cr content that it remained magnetic and/or would rust. In the process piping and plumbing industry this is considered low grade and basically "trash" stainless steel. For purposes of what we are using it for, it's probably well suited... but from my perspective, this is low grade stainless steel and only barely worthy of the title, hence my comment regarding quality.

Right, and i believe in this case, it's the core, it makes sense, they need it to be magnetic (you'll agree with me after a few uses) yet the stainless part is only due to it being submersed in water.

I haven't used mine too much, only handful of times, the finish on the pins looks very good, still, and i haven't really given the care i should have to drying them out once i was done.

I use the standard spinner to get the water and the pins out, haven't seen a need to mess with a magnet. I also run the pins by themselves through a cycle with soap and Lemishine after doing 4 or 5 batches to keep them clean.

Standard spinner?
I guess I could have used the correct term, but where's the fun in that? :D
Media separator similar to this one: RCBS Rotary Case Media Separator

Oops Double post

281121-5381b3bb72a672ddc9499b9960848289.jpg

176956(1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I confess, I have not encountered any rust but have been very careful to dry them out after each use. Living at the coast I do have stainless brackets and eye bolts (not firearm related) exposed to the environment that are showing rust. I don't know the quality but suspect it must be low.

Instead of Dawn , I'm using Armorall Ultra Wash and Wax with the Lemishine.
And, adding a couple drops in the separator water leaves a nice finish on the brass and makes sizing a bit easier (pistol, that is)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top