JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Stumbled upon this stuff searching for reloading supplies:

Stainless Steel Reloading Supplies | Tumblers, Separators, Media, Brass & More!

Got a 6lb dual drum tumbler from Harbor Freight (only 50 bucks) and bought a 2lb "refill" pack from them (26 bucks shipped thursday, arrived saturday) and the stuff's currently spinning with some mixed 54R leadcore boolits in the 1st drum, 25 54R brass in the 2nd.
Used about 1/2 lb per drum, seventh generation dishwasher gel, lemon juice and water.
I'll post results pics when they're done spinning, anyone use this stuff yet?

over on silencertalk.com tumbling has been discussed for cleaning the cores on 22LR suppressors. People are using either brass or SS as the medium along with water, soap, and such. The reloaders seem to like it for their brass as well.

Great stuff, Watch out for pins inside your cases, a few pins will get caught in the primer flash hole once in a wile. The pins are magnetic, I like to rinse through a large screened gas funnel, epically towards the end of the five or seven rinse cycles I go through. The pins will start to float once the soap has been rinsed away. Your brass will be cleaner than with any other method available.
Use a towel or two and dry your brass well, then put it up to dry the interior of the cases for a few days. I use the sun in the summertime, under the wood stove in the winter. Clean primer pockets, that alone is worth the price of admission.
Silver Hand

anyone use this stuff yet?

Going on three years now. Won't be going back for case cleaning. Only think the old corn cob and vibrator get used for now is when I want a sparkling batch of .308 rounds that will look good on the range bench. The SS pin processed cases are just like a batch of new brass only shinier.

Clean inside, outside, and clean primer pockets without having to handle each case to do so. The pins that get stuck are usually from a fresh batch of pins. Just throw them away and the number that get stuck will go down with each batch.

I find that separating the pins from cases works best if I tumble them in the old media separator. The bouncing around seems to do the best job and also shakes a lot of excess water off. A quick "slosh" back and forth in a bath towel and then I anneal the cases. Any water left goes totally away from the annealing operation.

For pistol cases I just spread out on the towel and hit them with a hair dryer. Get them nice and warm and then go do something else for an hour or two.

I have my tumbler but don't have the SS media yet. Just haven't had a chance to order any and paying bills off has been more important. I picked up a Thumbler's Tumbler for $20 off craigslist and a new motor from Thumbler's maker for about $50. Couldn't complain spending $70 on the whole thing! Since I don't have media yet, I've been cleaning my brass in a steel pot on the stove with a mix of water, dish soap, and lemon juice. Heat it up but not let it boil. Then stir for about 45 minutes. Doesn't do too bad of job. Only thing that sucks is having to babysit it the entire time. For drying the brass, I use an old food dehydrator which seems to work great.

Still can't wait to get my media so I can actually use my tumbler!!

I have my tumbler but don't have the SS media yet. Just haven't had a chance to order any and paying bills off has been more important. I picked up a Thumbler's Tumbler for $20 off craigslist and a new motor from Thumbler's maker for about $50. Couldn't complain spending $70 on the whole thing! Since I don't have media yet, I've been cleaning my brass in a steel pot on the stove with a mix of water, dish soap, and lemon juice. Heat it up but not let it boil. Then stir for about 45 minutes. Doesn't do too bad of job. Only thing that sucks is having to babysit it the entire time. For drying the brass, I use an old food dehydrator which seems to work great.

Still can't wait to get my media so I can actually use my tumbler!!

It never wears out - clean primer pockets - get some for fathers day. Or some other occasion If you can afford the cost you will never look back.
Silver Hand

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads